overall
RATINGS: 41   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.8/5   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Earthquake is a high gravity lager, or traditional, non-flavored beer.

Jagdpanther1488 (2) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - JUL 13, 2017 does not count
Omfg! I was going to buy 3 Black Horses. Then I saw the second coming in a 25oz. Can! I’m in love even if it tastes like smeg and your grandma’s panties.

0.9
jtclockwork (16602) - , New Jersey, USA - JUN 21, 2017
Can - pours yellow with white head - nose and taste of soap, alcohol, chemical cleaner and corn - medium body

0.6
Patrickctenchi (6593) - Cox’s Knob, columbus, Indiana, USA - MAY 22, 2017
Can: Clear yellow-gold with a soapy white head. Grain, lemon, corn scent. "Taste" was tangy-spoiled fruit, Likka malt, aluminum, and a harsh, burning grain-alcohol-ness. My sample was gifted to me by Shrubber85....that scamp..... It was in a clear, repurposed ginger ale bottle, filled all the way to the top and capped. I drank about 3 oz of it...then an additional ounce to truly appreciate the magnitude of it’s horribleicity.....after a moment of eye twitches and minor, yet alarming anal leakage, I walked out to the street, poured a modicum of it out for my dead homies, smashed the bottle, brandished the jagged neck menacingly, and shouted "GANG WAAAAR!!!!!!!&q no one was around.....(crickets)......so I cleaned up my mess like a good citizen, added the shards to the recycle bin and went back inside to think about my life.......... Well played, Roger........well played.

shrubber85 (11411) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - MAY 19, 2017
UPDATED: MAY 20, 2017 Can (24 ounce - dammit, cheated out of 16 ounces). Sour corn/barley malt and grass aroma. Golden yellow with large but short lasting head. Mildly sweet lemon, corn/barley malt flavor followed by...oh my God, what is that? Bile?!? An intense bitter rotten lemon peel flavor to finish. I think this crap is giving me an instant hangover. Oh, City Brewery - I hate you so much. Patrickctenchi is gonna have to work hard to pay me back for this beauty.

GTAEgeek (2220) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - FEB 14, 2017
24 oz. can. Pours pale gold with lots of bubbles and a big, fluffy, cream colored head. The aroma is corn syrup, wet hay, a bit of tin and stone, with some caramel and grain alcohol. Sweet, with a surprisingly well balanced bitterness. Medium body, sticky, and a little astringent. This isn’t as awful as I expected.

0.9
joshmoore79 (1) - sioux falls, South Dakota, USA - DEC 27, 2016 does not count
Almost puked on the first drink. Not as bad as Camo Black but up there. Hell it was 99 cents for a 24 oz tall boy. So I bought three...usually if you can get the 1st one down the taste is mitigated by the booze (10% ABV). Describing in terms of anything except plain awful would be a mistake. It does have that apple taste to it---but it isn’t good. Just took another sip...ick

Unheilig (2) - - AUG 27, 2016 does not count
If you’re looking to leave reality for a few hours, this is the malt beverage for you. I am nothing remotely close to be an expert in the malt liquor and/or beer department as I am nothing more than a textbook example of an alcoholic but to be quite blunt, this shit will fuck you up, especially on an empty stomach. As the other reviews state yes, the apple aroma is indeed there but don’t let that fool you as their is nothing apple-like about this. It pours a beautiful yellow color but I would suggest drinking it as soon as possible because consuming it warm would be a big no-no. After a few sips, you’ll definitely feel the affects as the foam goes straight to your brain. My overall rating reflects how well this product will inebriate you and nothing more. The taste is nothing to write home about but after you manage to get through half the can, taste will mean absolutely nothing.

kramer (6682) - Sunbury, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 16, 2016
24oz can. Pours a clear yellow body with a nice one finger foamy white head. The nose is loaded with corn and alcohol, and not much redeeming about it. The flavor is much the same, quite sweet and corn laced with a warming alcoholic finish. A little sticky and clingy with fizzy carbonation. Not a whole lot to say about this guy, I think the commercial description says it all, "a non flavored beer".

muzzlehatch (4959) - Beloit, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 20, 2016
Rating Forty-four-forty-four.

Hey there all a yoo ’ratebeerans’ or whatever th heck you call yeselves, this is Barry’s ol Uncle Dan agin, he tole me he ain’t gonna let me use his internet no more an hes gonna change his passwords and all that so’s his fambly cant mock his stupid snobby taste no more, but he’s so busy wit his smellin & writing his notes down now an all on another computer that I spect he wont notice me over hear. Anyway this is malt liquor an its my speshalty its only fare I shud get to revewe this, I had Earthqake all kinds of times when I was poor & couldn’t afford no Colt 45, this stuff is like 99 cents a can you cant do no better then that. Its got a lot of kick too. Ifn "musclehatch" as he calls himself wonder why everybody think he so snobby and a geeky weirdo, it’s cuz he dont’ like the proper manly drinks like this one. U think about it for a second - Colt 45, Magnum, Crazy Horse, King Cobra, these is all manly names, and they put em in bit ol 40 ounce bottles, that’s what a man needs when he work a hard day shucking corn like I done. And I’m near 85, an I got no problem chugging too or three of these bad boys at once. This is mans beer for honest men American men and yoo sissy libs better not foreget it all yore crafty brews come about because a people in this country like me an his dad, the men who work.

Muzzle’s rating: 24 ounce can from some gas station with a surprisingly large selection, ice cold from a Zywiec lager glass.... pours slightly oily pale yellow-gold, lots of head which is surprisingly stable....aroma weakly corn and cabbage centered, not at all foul or terrible, just dull and unenticing...very sweet and very alcoholic on the palate, this is a case where I can firmly understand the justification for the "malt liquor" appellation, it tastes very much like cheap bourbon mixed in with a cheap pale lager, boozy and adjunct, but again as with the aroma, not nearly as horrible as I might have expected, just sweet and thick, cloying and rough (cheap apple cider) with a bit of harshness on the finish...on the whole this is one of the more drinkable examples I’ve had, but when I say "drinkable" here what I really mean is that I have no trouble drinking enough to properly evaluate it, it’s not vomit-inducing or anything - but I sure as hell am not going to finish the whole 24-ounce can.

Homer321 (5076) - Melboring, Florida, USA - MAR 31, 2016
24oz can to mouth. Nose is a sickening sweet apple and corn and sugary combo that makes me want to vomit diabetes. Taste is initially off-putting to say the least. I don’t want to drink more but I must so I can identify why it is so fowl. Starts with a fruity estery flavor. mid palate shows carbonic bite. Finished with a ton of green and red apple. Honestly, if you told me this was apple flavored malt liquor, I wouldn’t doubt you juan bit. I have never had something that tastes like candied apple so much. Wowe.