overall
RATINGS: 53   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.29/5   EST. CALORIES: 114   ABV: 3.8%
Southern English style Nut Brown Ale with a bit of chocolate character to it. Dark in color, but light in body, and leaning toward the sweet malty side. You'll really have to look for the hops in this one.

LetsGoState (886) - Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 18, 2011
Appearance is a medium brown head with dark brown color. Aroma is a swet chocolate malt. Taste is a nice tasty nut and chocolate. Overall something I would try again.

gsmitty80 (2130) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 12, 2011
Pretty happy with this nut brown. East End has been making some watery beers but this is thick, rich and flavorful.

DiarmaidBHK (4907) - Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 10, 2011
Draft at mad Mex. Pours dark brown with a thin brown head. Not much on the nose. Lots of caramel on the tongue. I’m not getting much nuttiness out of this one. This one feels more like a mild ale to me.

nike (966) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 24, 2011
On draft at Blue Dust in Homestead. I was pleasantly surprised by this beer. Blue dust has a nice selection of drafts, and I pretty much tasted them all, so I got this brew. Dark brown pour, no head, look flat, but had a very nice taste to it. Complex brew, oak, nutty, and caramel flavors. Roasty aftertaste, medium bodied. Beer went well with homemade pierogies.

Hair6a11 (1481) - Illinois, USA - JUL 9, 2011
On tap; pour is murky brown with an average off white head that retains fairly well. This brew has a roasty, chocolate, nutty aroma. The flavor profile shares those characteristics, while heavy on the nutty character. Its a drinkable brown, but I wasn’t impressed with this one.

kramer (6682) - Sunbury, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 12, 2011
On tap, guest beer @ Otto’s. Pours a clear light brown body with a one finger frothy light brown head that faded to a thin covering. Sweet nutty malts on the nose with just a hint of hops. The flavor is sweet, nutty, a little light roast coffee, some light roasted malt as well. Lighter bodied with a touch of clinginess on the finish and moderate fizzy carbonation. Pretty good, but I prefer my Brown Ales with a little bit of hoppiness.

alobar (3784) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 3, 2010
Really enjoyed this one. Pours a chestnut brown color with no head. Aroma of nuts, caramel, and chocolate. Light creamy body. Flavor of toffee, roasted malt, nuts, and some chocolate. Very enjoyable.

JohnnyJ (5562) - San Diego, California, USA - JUN 19, 2010
On tap at the brewery. Pours a light clear brown, with off-white head. Nuts, light roasted malt and chocolate, and a bit of hops. I find both this style and this beer boring.

SSKD814 (854) - Pennsylvania, USA - APR 22, 2010
Had this on-tap at bocktown tonight. Sampled a few times before but this was the first time I ordered it. A-Body is a somewhat cloudy medium brown color that is served with a 1 finger or so creamy white head. Head slowly subsides to a thick collar and leaves some traces of lacing all the way down the glass. S- A big tart sourness comes through in the nose first followed by a bit of roasted malt bitterness. T- A bit of tart sourness upfront with a big roasted nutty malt background. The flavor is consistent all the way through. P- Medium carbonation and light, easily drinkable body. O- Though I can’t quite put my finger on everything about this beer I do like it. I really like the slight tart character that it offers. One of the better English browns that I have tried. Serving type: on-tap Reviewed on: 11-25-2008 01:57:35

MrChopin (4304) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - DEC 21, 2009
Bottle at 12/19 Pgh tasting, thanks to Scott and EE!<br Brown amber with a light tan head. Smoke, bread, and light caramel are brought on by a nice use of brown malt. Flavor has more caramel and bread but comes off in grain. Creamy and definitely enjoyable, particularly in the bread-smoke balance.