overall
Brewed by Einbecker Brauhaus
Style: Dunkler Bock
Einbeck, Germany

RATINGS: 568   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.24/5   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Einbecker Ur-Bock dark – brewed from dark malt – is characterized by a strong, robust taste.

burgerlicious (308) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - MAY 1, 2003
a really good bock beer. takes a little acclamation before your taste buds really start appreciating it. heavy body, full flavor.

Brewmaster1 (9) - Westchester, USA - JUL 15, 2008 does not count
I absolutely love this beer. It pours a dark color. I love the taste of it and the price. When other rare imported beers cost atleast $4-5 per bottle I can get a 6 pack of this for around $11. This was the first beer I drank that wasn’t your typical grocery store mass produced imported beer and it reall rasied my standards. I buy it all the time now, I gladly pay the $11 for a 6 pack as this beer is in my top 3.

mike67 (1265) - , New Jersey, USA - JUN 5, 2010
12 oz bottle. Pours amber with a lasting white head. Nice aroma of piny hops and caramel malt. Full, slightly crisp body, light carbonation. Large amount of floral hops on the palate perfectly balanced by caramel malt, some hints of citrus fruit as well. Long balanced finish becomes dry in the end. UR BOCK indeed.

urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - SEP 19, 2002
Not as fun as the Mai-Bock, but excellent nevertheless. The malt is big, and by turns worty, fruity and caramel-laden. Hops and alcohol provide excellent relief. Feinste Bockbier.

MinetoKuroda (12) - Nihombashi Chuo-ku, JAPAN - MAR 27, 2008
On tap. It is a beautiful beer conbination with kuro-ame sweetness and long lasting good bitterness. so deep and still has refreshing body. Umai. I’m happy I could have a great beer after a long journey (maybe) to Japan.

DucklyIII (8) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - MAR 21, 2005 does not count
Tasty, strong, bitter, good dunkel. Best Dunkel I’ve had, anyway. Good beer to quaf.

dcberg00 (1) - USA - SEP 24, 2005 does not count
Bottle. Dark reddish with a fine lasting off-white head. Strong malty aromas of dried fruits, caramel and a touch of smoke. Fullbodied in the mouth with good firm bitterness to balance the moderate sweetness. This is a great beer