overall

RATINGS: 124   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62/5   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Brewed and matured with generous quantities of distinctive Amercian hop varieties.

The return of an old favourite! First brewed as a festive brew for BrewNZ 2004 where it won two trophies; Festive Brew and the People’s Choice award. Now returning as a limited release. Sweet, biscuity, toasty malt flavours support the stonefruit, pine and citrus U.S. hop notes.

Jimthechap (2064) - Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND - OCT 6, 2006
Emersons have done it again, a beaut of a beer that exemplifies the style. The long lingering array of hops left the taste in my mouth for quite some time and the malt made me fizz at the bung. Easily one of the best beers I have ever tasted and will ever want to taste.

bobbrew (8) - Yacolt, Washington, USA - SEP 26, 2006 does not count
Maybe it’s the water, maybe it’s the hops, maybe it’s Richard or maybe it’s me, but this beer is one of the best on the Planet! Calling this beer a Pale Ale is the most understated understatement I’ve ever seen. I live in the US Pacific Northwest and we have hops a plenty and plenty of hoppy beers. I love this beer so much that I left my golf bag in NZ last trip just so I could fill my hard case golf carrier with Emerson’s Beer - mainly the APA. I can only hope Emerson’s makes it to the United States somewhere sometime other than In my DREAMS!

ante (3373) - Stockholm, SWEDEN - AUG 26, 2006
Bottled. Hazy orange with large white head. Hoppy and slightly perfumy aroma of flowers and grapefruit. Floral hoppy flavour with malty backbone of white bread. Finishes hoppy and crisp of grapefruit, flowers and grass. Really refreshing.

Marsiblursi (3076) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - AUG 23, 2006
(Bottle at Plan B, Copenhagen) Pours clear amber with a big white head. Smells hops and a certain perfume I don´t know the name of. Flowers. Malty caramel sweetness. Fresh. Taste: Starts with fudge, carbonation and some hops. Rasin. Then the taste dies out and leaves a small bitterness. A bit watery. Malt.

tenghave (404) - Taastrup, DENMARK - JUL 6, 2006
Orange-rød øl. Humlet og parfumeret smag - nærmest sæbe smag. Tydelig duft og smag af amerikansk humle. Blev dog drukket ofr varm, så den er svær at bedømme

elektronikfagtekniker (891) - kbh, DENMARK - JUL 4, 2006
bottle. pours dark gold. medium creamy head. fruity hop aroma. very spicy. smooth and pleasant. good.

urbeer (40) - Lo, BELGIUM - MAY 27, 2006
thx to beerkönig. FG : 1012. Cloudy amber ale. Nice head with perfect lacing. Peachpitt, apricot and limy aromas. The taste is malty and dry. For me, one of the better pale ales. Aftertaste very smooth maybe somewhat too gentle for this kind of beer.

lachesis (757) - St Idesbald, BELGIUM - MAY 26, 2006
Nice hazy orange-amber beer with a nice off white to slight beige froth. Aroma is very original and complex. It has touches of apple shampoo, stone fruits, malts, honey, maple sirup, sweet Bual Madeira and fine hops. The taste is malty and slight dry. There is a fait crispy sourness of lime zest and a good dosis of fine hops. In the afthertaste you can notice touches of pepper, bark, cedar wood and some hints of a cigare case. Very original and tastefull beer.

bager (2120) - Copenhagen N, DENMARK - MAY 9, 2006
Bottle. Hazy amber coloured with an off-white lasting head. Nice dryness as well as a nice hoppyness. Feels very smooth and pleasant.

Skinnyviking (9570) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - MAY 6, 2006
Bottle. Small lasting white head. Unclear amber body. Roasted malt aroma. Sweet malt flavor, not as hoppy as expected.