RATINGS: 1648   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.9/5   IBU: 63   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
AKA Holiday Ale
AKA Holiday Leftover Ale
AKA Brown Sugar Substitute

So this substitute beer is a ‘Cereal Medley’ of Barley, Rye, Wheat, and Oats…. Full of complexishness from the 4 grains, and weighing in at 8% abv, Then joyously dry-hopped for that big aroma and resinous hop flavor.

VertBaconStrips' rating

VertBaconStrips (2387) - Blerkablerka, - OCT 9, 2012
Remember back in the day when you would fall down the basement stairs drunk as shit at 4AM and be 100% convinced that you never woke your parents? Well, I just fell down the stairs and once again I am 100% convinced that they never heard because they live 30km away - still got the magic!

I feel great knowing that I pretty much bought the entire city supply and drank it all to myself - E-town crew loves me for this and so do I. Drink 72 beers and barely saved one for review because it was so god damn good. Make that 2 - I just drank the last surviving bottle on Earth that I left hanging around for my own funny time reminder. And yea, it still was AWESOME. So awesome. Rare beer does taste better! LOL. Rating goes back to early December 2011 and its just short notes as it was pretty much impossible to review this as it was just pure joy to drink it... even as I drained the entire city’s supply solo. tung: Piles of citrus - citrus that tears apart my mind on every freaking sip - oranges, rrgf, pine, grapefruit rind, cherry, floral greatness remeniscent ... how the hell is that spelt? - of fresh cut flowers, slight grain, honey, apricot, secretions of only the most heavenly of creatures, tropical fruits and soft malts. This beer has absolutely everything I want to smell. Hours... hours have been spent smelling this brewed treasure. Tasty bits: Aside from the outlandish amount of hops and citrus, sweetness and thickness there is a fuckload of malt backing this monster. Sweetness abounds. Pineapple flops around, pine goodness, peaches, lemon, mild caramel, something that might be spearmint, grapefruit, unique malt base darker than it normally is, orange, pepper, resin, light dose of brown sugar for the sweet base, aaaaaa soooo good! medium body that is supported both by the hop thickness and the healthy structure of yummo malts. Perfection. Find me another ASA that beats this and I will marry your daughter that resembles an ugly donkey.

bufordsbest (12) - - JUN 21, 2017
bottle from lcbo. Nutty aroma, caramelized sugars and piney/evergreen hop notes with a boozy background. clear golden with small short lasting head, nice lacing. sweet malt up front with evergreen and bitter finish. medium mouthfeel. overall a little boozy, not bad but not something i would pick up again.

DijkBier (375) - AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS - JUN 19, 2017
Bottle pours clear deep golden, with small white head. Aroma real hoppy, fruity and grassy, nice. Taste with clear bitterness and light sweetness.. Rather soft carbonation, but full body. Nice IPA, wouldn’t have noticed the 8 ABV.

Plovmand (8266) - Helsinge, DENMARK - JUN 19, 2017
Bottle. It pours mostly clear golden with a creamy white head. The aroma is biscuit malty and sweet fruity hoppy. Some marmalade notes. The flavor is sweet malty with sweet fruity hoppy notes. Biscuit, resin and crackers notes.

brnandersen (3870) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - JUN 17, 2017
From a 355 ml bottle poured in to a Snifter. Slightly hazy golden colour with a creamy off- white head. Fruity aroma with citrus, pines, caramel malts, honey, sugars, resin and toasted notes. Taste is bitter. Medium to full body with a creamy texture and a soft carbonation. Finishes dry and bitter with resin, rich malts and caramel malts. A classical American IIPA.

beer-yum (1654) - Wellington, NEW ZEALAND - JUN 15, 2017
Lemon and honey aroma in a golden pour. Hop forward balance with big sweet citrus body and sustained bitter finish. A big beer that goes down way too easy.

Finn (7513) - Tromsø, NORWAY - JUN 2, 2017
Flaske 355ml fra Systembolaget Sth Vasagatan. Gylden. Høyt luftig skum som daler sakte. Pen lacing. Aroma av søt frukt. Myk munnfølelse. Smaken mango & fersken. Grei men ikke great.

MarcoDL (4844) - NETHERLANDS - MAY 31, 2017
Bottle. Golden pour. Aroma of bitter resinous hop, caramel, citrus and malt. Taste has citrus, resinous hop, chewy orange zest, caramel, peach and a bitter hoppy finish. This is quite nice.

meccahh69lol (193) - New Haven, Connecticut, USA - MAY 29, 2017
Excuse me, how rude! Lagunitas does not suck, but it’s cute that they’re so self-deprecating and can still make bomb ass beers. Indeed, this beer is another example of their lovely, hoppy, fresh selection. Pours amber and smells wheaty, with a big smell and taste of bitter hops. Good for a rainy Memorial Day indoors re-watching Twin Peaks, being flatulent, and making naan pizzas with your beloved.

llkc (2323) - århus, DENMARK - MAY 22, 2017
dut. frisk lime sødlig svag appelsin smag frisk appelsin citrus malt kant malt sødme

GlasgowTAD (1768) - Glasgow, SCOTLAND - MAY 19, 2017
Pours clear golden with a medium white head which lingers. Aroma is honey and syrup. Taste is peach sweet, mango sweet, honey sweet, slight pine bitter.