RATINGS: 8   MEAN: 3.34/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.2/5   SEASONAL: Special   ABV: -
The winner of the 2005 Beerquest IPA event, Lincoln homebrewer Dave Meister, got to brew this beer to his recipe on the Empyrean system.

Most RecentTicked By

Ron (3961) - Rochester, New York, USA - AUG 4, 2016
On tap at Killian’s with Patty, Chris and Erica for dinner. Golden pour. Floral hop aroma. Citrus hops flavor and some malt to give it a slight body.

Illini08 (542) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - JUL 18, 2013
On tap at Jake’s Cigars in Omaha. Pour was copper colored, just a little cloudy. Aroma was all grapefruit and citrus. This was a smooth, well balanced, easy to drink IPA. Nothing over the top or in your face about it, just a nice drinking IPA that I would get again next time I’m going through NE

Gjb373 (2) - - MAR 15, 2013 does not count
Better than expected based on the previous reviews...but nothing special. It lacks the bite and flavor to be anything more than average. That being said, I’m about to order my second 23 oz of the evening

Tmoney99 (14492) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JUL 4, 2012
Draft sample. Poured clear copper color with an average frothy white head that lasted with good lacing. Moderate balanced aroma. Medium body with a slick texture and soft carbonation. Medium bittersweet flavor with a medium bittersweet finish of moderate duration. Session brew.

Edgekrusher (84) - , Alabama, USA - DEC 6, 2008
At a meal, I ordered it on tap first because I noticed it had the highest ATB at 6.7% .. Nice head, basic IPA hoppiness to the point of slight bitterness. A good IPA.

drfabulous (7945) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - DEC 14, 2007
From memory: tame, basic IPA. Served with basic bar food. As far as I know, the option in Lincoln, so we went. No harm, no foul. But no great reward.

SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - JUN 24, 2006
On tap at the 2006 Nebraska Craft Brewer’s Festival. Copper amber in color with an off-white head. Great hop citrus aroma. Delicious solid IPA containing pine and fruitness from the citrus-like hops. Definitely not over-the-top, but crisp, clean and well-made. I feel like I’ve "outgrown" IPA’s, but this makes me re-evaluate that position.

mdi (573) - Nebraska, USA - JUN 18, 2005
UPDATED: JUN 19, 2005 tap at Lazlo’s South. Slight head, but some nice lace is left clinging as I drink...beer was a nice deep copper/mahogony color, and maybe just a slight bit hazey...can’t say much about the aroma, I was a bit stuffed up...it seemed subtle to me though...the beer itself drank with a nice body. I’m not used to Empyrean beers being this big. Very nice surprise...plenty of hop flavor came in washing over the sweet malt...apricots, citrus, cedar, pine, carmel. This is a really well done and thoroughly enjoyable IPA. Nice work Dave & Rich!