overall

RATINGS: 551   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75/5   IBU: 66   EST. CALORIES: 200   ABV: 6.66%
In the beginning, there was nothing. Then an impish brewer piled a ludicrous amount of hops into a batch of beer. This zymurgical big bang is Epic Armageddon, an apocalyptic assault on your preconceptions and taste buds. It may be too huge for this fragile planet so enjoy this beer like it was the last one on Earth.
EBC (SRM): 15
HOPS: US Cascade, US Centennial, US Columbus, US Simcoe
MALT: English pale ale, Caramalt

Mattburns (114) - USA - MAY 21, 2010
This has to be my absolute favourite beer. I can not fault it. Each time I have it there will be something else i discover and enjoy. Perfection.

pmuzz (400) - AUSTRALIA - JUL 4, 2012
UPDATED: SEP 6, 2012 This was amazing. Australasia’s nonpareil IPA, it is fantastic. Beautiful nose, magnificent taste, lots of hops and a perfect finish. Doesn’t have that lingering bitterness that other IPA’s have. This is my favourite beer at present, would be perfect in summer.

ChocolateDonut (1) - - OCT 9, 2017 does not count
UPDATED: OCT 9, 2017 Very bitter, but beutifuly balanced taste. This is how IPA should taste like.

Splitenz (370) - Oslo, NORWAY - APR 29, 2014
Epic is the right word for this. This is the best thing to come out of New Zealand since Neil and Tim Finn. A bombardment of all the right flavours, it tickles all the way from the tip of my tongue to the sides of my throat and almost into my ears. It’s so full of flavour you’re almost tempted to chew it. I buy it whenever I go to Sweden, alas, it is not available in Norway.

Koyo (251) - SWEDEN - FEB 18, 2011
Bottle from Systembolaget. The beer has a rich aroma that contains grass and pine from the hops with a little toffee from the malt. It pours a clear golden with a thick white foam that goes away quite quickly. Taste is rich and very, very pleasant. There is bitterness and sweetness in a very pleasant combination. The mouthfeel is also very pleasant, I’d recommend drinking this quite cold, it lost a bit of its complexity as it warmed up. But overall this is undoubtedly one of the best beers I have ever tried.

olsentribe8 (17) - Napier, NEW ZEALAND - JUL 10, 2014
Excellent IPA. well priced IPA that is fresh, crisp, nice on the palate and very smooth. Well done EPIC.

Hop_Hedonist (625) - Perth, AUSTRALIA - OCT 23, 2013
UPDATED: MAR 25, 2016 Beaut hop forward - smooth - easy drinker - just a tad two dimensional - with a name like Armageddon I expected a Bruce Willis style ball-buster - it ain’t... But still.... yippee kai-yay.

bgb1991 (131) - AUSTRALIA - DEC 17, 2013
Tropical fruit on the nose and a beautiful sight to look at. Bright honey pour. Bit of resinous feel to it. Hops are piney and fruity. Silky smooth, one of my favourites, epic has done it again.

zacgillbanks (5413) - Tyne & Wear, ENGLAND - NOV 22, 2014
Bottle from Coppers, Newcastle. Sparkling golden coloured with rich toffee, orange marmalade and citrus fruit flavours, malty and grassy notes followed by creamy vanilla, oak and pine on the finish. Really excellent!

kempicus (343) - Bakewell, Derbyshire, ENGLAND - AUG 5, 2008
UPDATED: DEC 16, 2008 I’ve gotta say that this is by far and away the best IPA i’ve ever tasted, could possibly do with some more bitterness but i guess one has to make do with what one can get....massive citrus grapefruit aroma from the dry hops, i was a little dissapointed to not find hops floating in my glass so i marked it down on appearance! All in all a massively hoppy bitter brew that is a joy to drink!