overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 83   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.03/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Troy Guard is a Denver chef with a Mexican restaurant so badass we can’t even put the name on this can. While enjoying his food we had a crazy idea: brew a Mexican-style lager with corn, natural lime juice and just a hint of salt. We recommend it with the Rattlesnake Chorizo Guac- Yep, that’s real. Salud amigos!

cubs (10675) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - SEP 20, 2017
Tap at the brewery in Denver. Slightly hazy yellow appearance with a white head. Aroma has some lime and salt. Lightly tart. Dry. Quite a bit of lime. Refreshing and easy to drink. I like it.

Leighton (21819) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - SEP 20, 2017
Keg at the Denver taproom. Pours unclear yellow with a creamy, white head. The nose has crispy cereal, dough, hints of citrus. Light sweet flavour with a bit of salty bite, oily lime peel, hay, cereal. Light bodied with fine to average carbonation. Sweet finish, some lemony tang, zesty lime, more pale bread. OK overall.

DSG (15035) - Tel Aviv, ISRAEL - SEP 18, 2017
Bottle sample at a tasting at Tom L's place. Thanks Tom L. Pale yellow, white head. Lemon, saltwater, a bit of graininess, slightly tart, light saltiness, light-bodied. Decent and easy-drinking.

kaser (6364) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - SEP 13, 2017
Bright yellow draft pour at sheffields - white head. Floral and citrus but wrapped in a lager so I can't really say I like it

wombat23 (1621) - Texas, USA - SEP 8, 2017
12 oz. can. Pours a murky pale yellow with no head. Aroma of corn and lime. Taste is lime, corn, salt, Sprite. Nah.

unclemike (3160) - Ft. Riley, Kansas, USA - AUG 20, 2017
oured a hazy yellow color with a small white head. Aroma was light corn cereal notes, lime and a touch of salt. Reminds me of lime, salt notes, Corn notes. Strange, but drinkable - perhaps a little sweet, less fizzy than Bud Lime, which is what this reminded me of.

KansaiBeerLvrs (5234) - Kyoto, JAPAN - AUG 20, 2017
These Mexican Lagers were all the rage last summer, that’s when I got this can on Rakuten (well, I got it in early fall). I saved it to drink in summer and with the temperature 30C+ and tacos on the menu I figured it was a good time to drink it! Epic Los Locos Lager 4.8% Made with lime and sea salt it smells like bready lime and salt. Think a high grade Corona. Medium to light bodied it’s a simple crisp lager with bright like and refreshing saltiness in the finish. This is probably the best take I’ve had on the whole craft Mexican lager thing... A few more points: it was a banging pairing for tacos, the lime started to be a bit much but I still pounded this beer in the heat with my dinner so this is a winner. If you ever have a chance to pair this with Mexican food, do it.

bb (9657) - Alamo, California, USA - AUG 13, 2017
Draft. Pale straw beer with a whitish head. Malt and light corn aroma. Malt flavor., Medium bodied. Malt and light grass lingers.

tapefuzz (700) - Massachusetts, USA - AUG 12, 2017
12oz can. Pours pale yellow with a medium white head. Aroma is grainy, grassy, and featuring a hint of lime. Taste is vaguely tart; lime, grain, grass, and corn. Light body. High carbonation. Crisp mouthfeel.

RobertDale (6650) - Lansing, Kansas, USA - AUG 9, 2017
On tap. Comes a clear pale gold with a decent white head. Aroma of malt, citrus, and grain. Taste is malt, lemon, lime, grain, and a bit of salt. Mild and easy to drink.