overall
RATINGS: 154   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.26/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%

beerhawk1975 (3) - USA - AUG 21, 2006 does not count
I just had this brew in the bottle at the brewery. It is a bit different from last years version I think. I purchased a whole case last year at Tanczos beverage in Bethlehem. WOW what an aroma! But the spice is not over the top. Slightly lighter in color than last years and I think a bit less spice making it very drinkable. The beer poured very bright and the head lasted only a few minutes. The beer did lace the glass though showing its mild but clearly apparent body. For a pumpkin ale I found this beer extremely drinkable which I cannot say for many of the other pumpkins I have had. Most are so spicy or to high in alcohol. You can clearly drink a six pack of this beer in one sitting. The funniest thing about the other reviews on this site is that people are writing reviews on bottles that are clearly expired based on their review dates. This years version just came out last week from what I was told at the brewery, so that means the reviewers were drinking bottles that are 6 months past expiration. Take those reviews for what they are. Reviews on old beer. Trust me. This beer is worth a try. I’ll be buying another case this year....and will drink it while it is FRESH!!

DarkElf (3067) - La Jolla, California, USA - JUL 2, 2006
(12 oz bottle: Obtained 14-Dec-05 in trade with jjpm74, thanks John!) It appears as if this bottle of beer is starting to turn. Mild infection is apparent, with apple skins and a light sourness having enough impact as to overwhelm the sweet spices. No sourness in the nose, but the mushed up apples dominate. Quite carbonated and heady on the pour and very lively on the palate. Bright amber body is very hazy. A white mass of bubbles forms during the pour, but that subsides to a thin layer after awhile. Certainly worth a retry if I can get this again, but if I can’t, I won’t be too upset because the beer behind the mild infection doesn’t seem that great either.

User37895 (3085) - - JUN 1, 2006
A nice pumpkin ale if you like them. Still doesn’t surpass the Buffalo Bill version I got in a bottle, but this one had a nice color and appearance and was a nice shift of gears in the run of choices I had on a sampler.

imzugzug (104) - Bechtelsville, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 29, 2006
Kinda sucks that I’m within 30minutes of this brewery and they don’t have 1 drinkable offering. This ale dissapoints big time! More like eating a plate of veggies rather than pumpkin pie. Not sweet. Light, watery and super thin in mouthfeel. Way too much carbonation. Just overall dull. It’s a once and done beer in my opinion. Cool art on the label though!

fatty (363) - Perkiomenville, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 21, 2006
Clear orange body with light carbonation and medium offwhite lacing head. Aroma is pumpkin, spice and vegetable. Flavor is vegetable, light pumpkin, cinnamon. Soft smooth palate.

bfeldmann (1050) - Wilmington, Delaware, USA - MAR 6, 2006
"Okay this is my last pumpkin for the season. Poured amber color with small head. Aroma was typical for pumpkin, spices. Flavor was done well good pumpkin flavor and spices were just right. This one fell short on the mouthfeel, a little to thin for me."

walleye (1102) - Sterling Heights, Michigan, USA - FEB 9, 2006
got this in a trade with weeare138. poured a amber to arange with a off white head. aroma just what you would expect from a pumpkin beer, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg. flavor pumkin, and more pumpkin has a nice smooth mouthfeel very drinkable good beer

BeerHawk (1811) - Huntsville, Alabama, USA - JAN 23, 2006
Bottle from trade with jjpm74, Thanks John! Poured a copper, no make it an orange pumpkin color to go with the theme here, with a nice white head. Decent aroma of pumpkin, cloves, and spices. Made me think it was fall al over again. The flavor was a little lighter but still found some spices (cloves and nutmeg standing out the most). Medium body with a slightly cream texture.

jcwattsrugger (12559) - Florida and, New Jersey, USA - JAN 1, 2006
22oz bottle-pours a 3 finger high, foamy offwhite head. Color is slightly hazy gold/yellow with effervescence. Aroma is malt, pumpkin, cinnamon. Taste is very mild, some cinnamon/nutmeg and other spices. Faint pumpkin. A bit thin and mild carbonation, pleasant enough. That was my impression during the 1st mug. By the middle of the 2nd mug, the mouthfeel and the taste seemed just right.

dirtymike (2016) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - DEC 15, 2005
Brewtopia ’05 Golden in color wirh a smal white head, Traditional pumpkin spice aroma. Flavor is sweet and spicy, pretty straight foward.