overall
Brewed by Feral Brewing Co.
Style: India Pale Ale (IPA)
Baskerville, Australia

RATINGS: 225   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.73/5   IBU: 48   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
An India pale ale to round off the current selection of Feral pale ales. Hophog is an American-style IPA with strong pine needle and citrus aroma followed by an aggressive bitterness and a dry finish.

Editor’s note: also known as American IPA, back label.

Peterkt (1) - - JAN 20, 2014 does not count
I’ve had this in bottles and on tap. I highly recommend this on tap. Had it at Hotel Warrnambool. My beer of choice.

crozdog (19) - Ascot Vale, AUSTRALIA - APR 13, 2014
My fav beer of all time. Lovely nose, palate and finish. A delight to drink, especially in the warmer climes.

beerrealmann (2) - - NOV 20, 2014 does not count
Such an incredibly well baanced beer. Impressive palate of full bodied hop but a delightful floral and fruity journey across the tongue. It has won draught beer awards 3 years in a row in Australia. This is actually my favourite beer for the last year. I couldn’t recommend higher

Polycotton (9) - Newcastle, AUSTRALIA - NOV 27, 2014 does not count
I have tried so many delicious and tasty beers that I always get nervous when I buy a case of Hop Hog or get one from the bar. I think that I have an overblown idea of how good this beer is and that when I take that first sip it will let me down or not taste as good as another awesome beer I had the other day. However, I am always pleasantly surprised and once again think to myself that this is my favourite beer. It has such an enjoyable range of flavours with none of them being overpowering or dominating the others. It is an exceptional beer. About the only negative thing I can mention is that you want to get your hands on the freshest Hop Hog you can find, older bottles don’t quite have the same punch as the fresher brews.

Nick_And_Net (3) - - JUN 26, 2016 does not count
Bottle. Pours a copper colour with a white head. Aromas of pine and stonefruit really hit me. There is a lovely bitterness with a strong malt backbone. The flavour stays in your mouth well after each sip. Balance is perfect. This is the best Australian IPA I’ve had, a strong household favourite and we can’t wait to try it on tap sometime. Excellent, well done.

Beechamp37 (1) - AUSTRALIA - JAN 12, 2013 does not count
Beautiful beer. Almost perfect balance of malt/hops. Fruit/pine combination, hoppy yet still deliciously drinkable. One the best IPA’s around.

Ellery (29) - AUSTRALIA - JUL 7, 2013
Love this beer it’s an absolute cracker in every way! Loads of hops, amazing balance what more do you want? Hmmm maybe a double hop hog??

Theodopilos (68) - - JUL 26, 2013
Golden colour, aromas of passion fruit and lychees, low carbonation, good lacing, very easy to drink, my knees are wobbling slightly from drinking too fast, what an amazing beer, well done feral