Feral Pumpkin Ale

Formerly brewed at Feral Brewing Co.
Style: Spice/Herb/Vegetable
Baskerville, Australia

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 2.3/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.5/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 129   ABV: 4.3%

Most RecentTicked By

kook (2033) - Perth, Western Australia, AUSTRALIA - APR 11, 2004
Well, I was very dissapointed with this beer. Looked great, poured a clear orange/amber with a small white head. Nice lacing too. Nose was interesting, mainly spices and a bit of metal. There was another strong scent which I cannot identify. First sip was a smooth though slightly thin body. Initial taste is sweet, followed by a taste I cannot describe. It was spicy but very overpowering and astringent. Ruined the beer IMO. I presume it is due to the pumpkin addition. I battled to finish this.

bluevegie (3073) - Perth, AUSTRALIA - MAR 28, 2004
This is Ferals latest seasonal release. Hazy light brown/orange body with a very short lasting white head. On the nose we pick up spice, some dough and also some slight vanilla. The spice follows through to the taste as well as the vanilla and the pumpkin arrives late without being overpowering. This ale has a thin to medium body, is well carbonated and easily drunk. Drink the Organic Pilsener but if they run out that then you can go to Pumpkin Ale.