overall

RATINGS: 12   MEAN: 3.84/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%
Our Mom’s Advice aged in a special 5-liter oak barrel supplied by Tmoney99.

BBB63 (6557) - La Porte, Indiana, USA - AUG 22, 2015
Thanks TMoney... Nice apricot and banana with yeast driven spiciness. Light tannic oak and it j has a bit of alcohol. Nice

daknole (11049) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - APR 28, 2015
Gold pour, white head. Lots of alcohol up front, some sweet malts, honey, light fruity tones. This is pretty ok.

bnokk (535) - Lee, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 29, 2014
Appearance - Carmel brown. No head. Nose - Strong alcohol scents to it. Clearly barrel aged, though I don’t recall exactly which type of barrel. That definitely imparts its own flavor on the beer. Flavor – It’s like a smooth hard liquor. Definitely can taste the alcohol, but it finishes super smooth. It seems a bit dangerous – could really sneak up on you. Notes – The barrel aging is definitely an enjoyable twist on the original.

shigadeyo (3739) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - AUG 2, 2014
8/02/2014: Tmoney99 10K... I’ve delayed this rating for over half of ’Natifest 2014 because I’m not really sure what to say about this beer. I’ve been tasting beers with Tom for probably 9 years or more and so I feel honored to be invited to taste this, even though I haven’t seen him in awhile. That having been said, I guess I need to finally commit my thoughts to my rating... This is an odd beer and difficult to rate. I don’t want to hurt any feelings and I have never had the base beer, so this will be tricky... Dirty amber comor with minimal foam on top. The aroma is flat and exudes quite a bit of raw alcohol. I’m not really sure what style this beer was to start with, but the flavor doesn’t give it away at all. It starts out malty, but that in-your-face alcohol hits hard. It’s quite sharp and doesn’t sit well with me. It’s definitely hot and the residual white ligthtening left in the barrel has overwhelming this beer. I’m honestly not sure if this one needed more or less time in the barrel or maybe it just needed more time in larger barrel.

AndyReynolds (1085) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - AUG 2, 2014
Natifest 2014. Uhhh Tom I like barrel aged so let’s dive in. There is oak and it smells hot. Hot like an August day in the Nati after a night of raining, not raining blood as Slayer once wrote, but just raining like water and such.

tastybeer (1853) - Indiana, USA - JUN 26, 2014
Bottle, shared by jmborggren, thanks! Pour is murky dark gold, small head. Big legs. Aroma of light ester, oak, vanilla, spice, peach. Taste is sweet, oaky, warming. Palate is dry, soft, slick, sweet finish.

alexsdad06 (10430) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - MAR 22, 2014
Draft at Tmoney99"s 10 K rating party at Fifty West. Pours a hazy golden orange color with a medium sized off white head. The aroma and flavor had quite a bit of the base beer, Belgian yeast, fruity citrus, tropicals, caramel, with wood, bourbon, creamy vanilla, medium bodied, smooth, warming alcohol. This one could not have turned out much better.

phaleslu (10267) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - MAR 21, 2014
Pour from a bottle shared by the man himself- thanks, Tmoney! Pours a clear golden orange with some bubbles here and there. Wonderful aroma of peach, apricot, vanilla, oak, tangerine, sweet bread, and caramel. Really nice smelling. The flavor hits mostly the same notes, with peach and apricot and pineapple, caramel, oak, toffee, and vanilla. Medium-bodied, with a smooth, sweet, juicy mouthfeel and modest carbonation. Mellow bourbon warmth. Subtle. Wow. This turned out great. Cheers, Tom!

Tmoney99 (14492) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - MAR 20, 2014
Tap. Poured hazy orange yellow color with an average to large frothy off-white head that lasted with good to excellent lacing. Complex vanilla wood, spice, bourbon and yeast aroma. Medium to abundant body with a smooth texture and soft carbonation. Medium to heavy complex sweet flavor with a medium to heavy sweet bourbon finish of moderate to long duration with a small alcohol bite. This is a refreshing standout beer for 10,0000.

Chudwick (3207) - Taylor Mill, Kentucky, USA - MAR 15, 2014
Missed the party, but glad I could taste this. Snifer poured in private NatiFest room. White wine oak nose with Belgian yeast. Very fruity and slightly boozy. Really drinkable for a strong BA. Sweet and a little tangy. I really like this. Congrats on 10k - don’t know for certain if that benchmark has been reached yet, but remarkable nonetheless.