RATINGS: 1304   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.38/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
A British Pale Ale never tasted so fresh. We challenge our good friends across the pond to match this one. Can’t be done. We’ve honored the traditions of the great British Pale brewers of Burton-on-Trent using our patented Firestone Union oak barrels. You’re left with a mild blend of vanilla and toasted oak flavor touched with an elegant hint of English noble hops. DBA is the flagship of our company and wildly popular

corby112 (2804) - philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 22, 2009
Pours a clear dark golden orange color with light olden yellow edges and a one finger light yellowish beige head that slowly settles into a lasting ring. Sweet biscuit/caramel malty aroma with subtle grassy earthy english hop notes along with a wooden/oak presnce. The barrel aging gives off some subtle vanilla as well. Slightly hop forward medium body with some dry earthy pine needle bitterness that lingers throughout over a prominent malt backbone into a subtle dry finish. Sweet caramel, toffe, biscuity malt backbone provides excellent balance to the earthy bitterness. The oak presence from the aging is very subtle, yet there is a prominent smooth vanilla character. Slightly watered down but still very complex. It kind of tastes like abottled agressively hoppy English cask ale.

Lagunitasfan (1323) - San Diego, California, USA - DEC 21, 2009
On tap at Red Zone sports bar in Fresno. Rich red color with strong head. Nose sweet malty with caramel and a bit of sweet bitterness. Taste is much the same. Maybe a bit of oak coming out. Some dark fruit sweetness, malt. Light on the finish. The Waitress/Bartender said "I have a Sierra Nevada Double Barrel. You wanna try that?" Are ya sure it’s Sierra Nevada, and not Firestone, I asked.

malrubius (2901) - Springfield, Vermont, USA - NOV 26, 2009
12 ounce bottle in pint glass. Copper with flat head. Mild toasted biscuit aroma. Caramel toasted wood nuts mild fruit with somewhat weak finish. Pretty good.

Chickencoop (188) - California, USA - NOV 26, 2009
Picked this up on a roadie back from LA, went out of my way and went up the 101 instead of the 5 and was extremely glad I did, even though it took like 3 more hours. I love the DBA in 12oz. bottles, the perfect balance, but on tap, in a growler it was awesome, kind of finished it in about an hour. This is my favorite FW beer, becoming one of my stand-by’s.

Zymurgeist2 (2246) - Redwood City, California, USA - NOV 24, 2009
Served in a pint glass on tap at a bar in Half Moon Bay. Amber color with a touch of honey. Beautiful and clear. Unfortunately, has a thin tan head. Nose not as big as expected with subtle malt - the glass could be detracting from the nose? Round, tingly mouthfeel with pronouinced hops on the finish. Lingering maltiness provides nice balance. Would pair well with a grilled mongolian pork.

mezr (136) - California, USA - NOV 15, 2009
22 oz bottle. Their "commercial" boasts an aroma that’s a "fragrant, spicy bouquet". I didn’t get that at all. It was is nothing special. Has a nice, medium amber color, with a medium head that settles down and dissipates quickly. Flavor was caramel, some light hops, floral. Smooth, easy to drink. Years ago, I used to treat myself to one of these from time to time, but on this go around it left me less impressed than in the past. I enjoy this beer, but it’s lost a little of its luster for me.

sneagrams3 (2337) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - NOV 13, 2009
Tasted 10/29/09. 22oz bomber. Filtered with a dark golden hue. Webbed and ring of off-white head. Very faint aromas. Medium bodied with too much smoke and wood. Kinda watery. Top heavy and muddled. Dry but mildly. Mildly tingling effervescence with a sticky red fruit note that pops up and throws off the palate. Meh...

topherh (1928) - Kearney, Missouri, USA - NOV 10, 2009
Bottle poured amber with a white head. Aroma of caramel malt light hops. Flavor was malty, toasty, with a nice hop finish.

beersearcher (2382) - Glendale, California, USA - OCT 21, 2009
Had on cask. smooth and creamy. almost viscous. light hop aroma and taste

acblue (91) - Seattle, Washington, USA - OCT 18, 2009
Light amber, medium white head. Nice balance, malty at the outset with a crisp, floral hop finish. Good stuff.