RATINGS: 1801   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.89/5   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
An instant classic, Union Jack is the recipient of numerous awards including back to back wins at the Great American Beer Festival. Union Jack is abound with hop aroma and character. In fact this well balanced, west coast IPA is dry hopped 3 separate times, each lot giving it more and more of the grapefruit citrus hop aroma and flavor it is known for. Overall it utilizes over 4 pounds of pacific northwest hops per barrel.

k9coug (116) - USA - APR 25, 2012
I probably don’t give IPA’s their fair due. I prefer a less subtle and more earthy bitterness. When I detect grapefruit, I am off-put. The finish once the citrus quickly recedes is satisfying. Good brewery. This beer is not a "99"er, however.

heminator (72) - Virginia, USA - APR 25, 2012
Just a great classic IPA, nice and crisp. Citrus notes, with clean aftertaste.

Radek Kliber (7483) - Toronto (Can) Krotoszyn (Pol), POLAND - APR 24, 2012
On tap at TR 307
Aroma: classic, traditional sharp hoppy IPA nose. No faults , solid. 7+
Appearance: amber with plus sized creamy head. Good lace.
Palate / Taste: medium bodied. High alpha leafy bitterness. Bit one sided but hop heads will like it. Grassy top end. Touch of black tea at finish.

OldGrowth (3665) - the Containment Area, North Carolina, USA - APR 23, 2012
Pint at Toronado San Diego. Real good aroma, sweet, citrusy. Orange, grapefruit, little peach,apricot. Toffee. Clean golden orange color, ok head and lace. Bittersweet flavor. Medium body, creamy oily mouthfeel, bitter dry finish. Darn tasty aroma best part. Wonderful ipa. Aroma is in my sweetspot. Flavor more straight toward gf.

tpb3jd (47) - University Place, Washington, USA - APR 21, 2012
In a bottle from Safeway, University Place, WA: Hop forward in taste and scent. The aroma is sweetly grassy with citrus notes and a bit of dankness. This matches the taste: a bitter, dankly hoppy beer that has a full body and a strong aftertaste, but not a bad aftertaste. Union Jack has a golden, lager-like appearance with a fizzy head. Overall, a trusted, frequently turned to beer, good with steak or a rich chili.

bytemesis (9237) - Sunnyvale, California, USA - APR 20, 2012
Not a big fan of this one. It is certainly a drinkable beer, but does not have the distinct notes of the better (in my opinion) IPA’s. No real citrus to be found. It does pour well with a nice color and head, but the aroma and flavor place it firmly in the good but not great camp.

BlackHaddock (7690) - Shropshire, ENGLAND - APR 20, 2012
May 2010: One of 24 taps at the Greenroom, Flagstaff. My second beer, the name pulled me towards it, would it be like a UK IPA, being called Union Jack? This is an all American IPA, hops to the fore! The deep golden orange almost headless beer stared back at me, daring me to sniff and drink it. We locked horns and the battle began. Hops attacked my nose, with hints of citrus fruits attempting to sneek through without a safety net, I laughed and took the hits without flinching. Do your worst American hops, I’m ready for you. The taste was a hop blend which didn’t have the bitterness some US IPA’s have a habit of giving you, this was easy drinking compared to many. My delicate English palate wasn’t offended in the slightest. I also noticed some caramel notes trying to get out of the glass, but the hops didn’t allow anything else to have a say in the flavours and wouldn’t let it become truely noticable. Not a bad experience at all, I must be getting used to all these hops I keep coming up against on my US road trip.

laisx013 (12) - Minnesota, USA - APR 18, 2012
A very well balanced, clean finishing IPA. Golden pour on tap. Strong hop character.

davey101 (751) - Connecticut, USA - APR 18, 2012
Bottled on 3/20/12. 12 oz bottle into a DFH signature glass. A - Nice and clear amber body. Sudsy two finger high off white head settles down to a thin cap and thick edging. Some nice lacing and retention. S - Mango and peaches with a touch of bubblegum. A touch of bready malts but the aroma is totally dominated by sweet and juicy tropical fruit. T - Yup, more juicy tropical fruits. Peach, mango, papaya, grapefruit, etc. Just a touch of crackery malt on the finish with a lingering bitterness. Medium but chewy mouth feel. O - One of my favorite IPA’s. Amazing tropical notes with just a touch of biscuits on the finish. So glad this is distributed in my area now.

dredmond (179) - Long Island, New York, USA - APR 17, 2012
drank from tap, cool temperature, inviting aroma, classic hoppy scent, light on the palette, mild IPA