overall
Brewed by Heineken (France)
Style: Scotch Ale
Rueil-Malmaison, France
Serve in Thistle

RATINGS: 352   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.3/5   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Made with peat-smoked malt.
Formerly 6.6% ABV. Known in Europe as a Scotch Ale.

jfortin (1) - Ontario, CANADA - FEB 29, 2008 does not count
By far and away my favorite of all beers. It has a very sweet aroma, a smoky swallow and sweet liquor like finish. I normally enjoy it with a Cuban Cohibas and smoked italian pear shaped Cacciocavallo cheese. I can no longer find it anywhere in Canada which saddens me. This beer is not for everyone, but I encourage all to try it once.

splatch90 (16) - - APR 25, 2014
Certes pas une grande bière mais pour moi un classique incontournables. Idéal pour une soirée entre pote. Follow me on instagram : splatch25

gduus (1) - glen ridge, New Jersey, USA - DEC 15, 2007 does not count
Michael Jackson (the beer expert not the nutty pop star) rates this beer a ’’classic." So take the negative ratings here with a large grain of salt. Using malt usually used for whiskey creates a sweet, slightly smoky flavor that is unique among beers. My favorites tend toward Belgian Ales and English ESBs, I love this beer. Try it.

benbalbo (1) - AUSTRALIA - FEB 11, 2003 does not count
Another one who likes this beer - sorry to the masses. Now just gotta find somewhere in Oz that sells the stuff. Anyone?

Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - FEB 11, 2003
I know that it's not popular here, but I love this beer. I guess I just like the peat smoked taste. If you don't like that, you'll probably hate this beer. I can never find it, I had it once 20 years ago and a benefactor just sent me another one. Long wait... Thanks dude! I still love this beer. Anybody out there, I'll trade for more.

PsychoGunnar (201) - Bergen, NORWAY - OCT 12, 2014
Vanilla-heavy in the foam, the aroma and the taste. Coloured like whisky, and the whisky is also strong in the aftertaste. The flavour also includes loads of caramel, and some whisky. I am excited about this beer - this is hard to place and does not compare easily with anything I have tasted before.

nancyD (1) - New York, New York, USA - NOV 3, 2003 does not count
The Best Beer I have ever had!!!It is malty, just the right froth, creamy, with a delicious flavor for a delicate palate. Overall I rate this beer with 5 stars!

austinpowers (2828) - New York, New York, USA - JUL 25, 2002
UPDATED: MAY 8, 2003 Nice! Brewed with peat-smoked malt and that really shines through! Smells a bit like a Schlenkerla Rauchbier and that made it a real pleasant surprise! Very enjoyable malty brew, but from viewing the other ratings, Ringo and I are alone in this view.

jimhilt (2610) - Bow, New Hampshire, USA - JUN 28, 2007
From my notes 6/15/07 pours a one-finger off-white head that fades quickly to a thin layer, leaving a good lace. Clear amber color. Malty/whiskey nose. Light-medium carbonation and medium bodied. Flavor is whiskey, smoky, malty, sweet and smooth, clean finish. Best by Nov 2007. €5.00 ($6.85) 330ml clear bottle at Hotel Mercure Lyon, France.