overall
Brewed by Heineken (France)
Style: Scotch Ale
Rueil-Malmaison, France
Serve in Thistle

RATINGS: 346   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.29/5   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Made with peat-smoked malt.
Formerly 6.6% ABV. Known in Europe as a Scotch Ale.

jfortin (1) - Ontario, CANADA - FEB 29, 2008 does not count
By far and away my favorite of all beers. It has a very sweet aroma, a smoky swallow and sweet liquor like finish. I normally enjoy it with a Cuban Cohibas and smoked italian pear shaped Cacciocavallo cheese. I can no longer find it anywhere in Canada which saddens me. This beer is not for everyone, but I encourage all to try it once.

splatch90 (16) - - APR 25, 2014
Certes pas une grande bière mais pour moi un classique incontournables. Idéal pour une soirée entre pote. Follow me on instagram : splatch25

gduus (1) - glen ridge, New Jersey, USA - DEC 15, 2007 does not count
Michael Jackson (the beer expert not the nutty pop star) rates this beer a ’’classic." So take the negative ratings here with a large grain of salt. Using malt usually used for whiskey creates a sweet, slightly smoky flavor that is unique among beers. My favorites tend toward Belgian Ales and English ESBs, I love this beer. Try it.

benbalbo (1) - AUSTRALIA - FEB 11, 2003 does not count
Another one who likes this beer - sorry to the masses. Now just gotta find somewhere in Oz that sells the stuff. Anyone?