overall
Brewed by Heineken (France)
Style: Amber Lager/Vienna
Rueil-Malmaison, France

RATINGS: 449   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.43/5   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
A slightly roasted malt gives it a light amber color. The rich flavor dominates the malt/hops balance and is very popular among most beer drinkers.

lizbetann (3) - USA - JUL 3, 2005 does not count
This is currently my favorite beer (not that I’ve drunk that widely). What I adore about it (aside from the oft-mentioned masons-jar-like bottle) is the intense aroma as soon as it is opened. It doesn’t have a trace of bitterness without being sugary in the least. I love it.

djnicotine99 (17) - Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA - OCT 26, 2001
this was about the strongest smell beer i have ever had. Went down smooth. good beer

emmuniz1 (3) - Toa Alta, PUERTO RICO - MAR 30, 2013 does not count
A floral aroma, light medium red/pink color, very easy on the palate, pleasant aftertaste and a very refreshing enjoyable taste. For amber or red Beer lovers I most definitely recommend this one!! -- rated via 'Find A Beer' for Blackberry 10

puboflyons (3492) - Allenstown, New Hampshire, USA - MAY 8, 2011
UPDATED: SEP 23, 2017 It pours amber with a large head that simmers down after a few minutes. The initial aroma is skunky but it passes and becomes a very malty scent. The body is thin. The taste is rich with sweet caramel malts with a pleasant hop ending. I used to love this beer but now it seems very average.

baseballguy (246) - Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 18, 2001
OK, I'm going to go a little higher in my rating on this beer than everyone else: I think this is a perfectly spiffy brew. I'd much rather have this bottled than a Sam Adams on draft, say (and, by the way, I love this Grolsch style of bottle). Lovely color; not exactly a complex flavor, but exceedingly pleasant. Worth checking out!

mikeben (355) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - FEB 8, 2003
UPDATED: APR 5, 2004 rerate 4-04 I did not like when I tried it a few years back. Now I think it is quite nice. I must of had a skunked bottle the first time. Speaking of which I love the bottle. I think it is unique. Sligtly sweet, smells nice, good color. It's a bit heavy but with low hop content. I recomend it, but it is not nearly my fave. Defenitly good in a pinch though.

Trig (4) - Howell, Michigan, USA - AUG 5, 2003 does not count
The only thing that would make this beer better would be to not have the occasional skunk. The bottle looks good, but I have had a few that went bad. A very good tasting beer. tastes light and isn't too sweet or bitter. Has a good punch for such a light taste.