overall
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 113   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13/5   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Aviator Red is a full bodied, malty red ale brewed from the finest ingredients available anywhere. We use a blend of six of the highest quality malts to give Aviator its rich malt flavor and signature ruby red color. We select only the best hops to balance the robust malt flavor to arrive at a beer with a very drinkable finish. We brew Aviator Red to please the palates of our harshest critics - us! We hope that wehn you enjoy a fresh Aviator Red that you will join us in a toast to our friend Red.

11026 (1772) - Alabama, USA - OCT 25, 2004
Bottle thanks to Rudolf. I think this was a bad bottle. No head formation. Carbonation is non-existant. Color is a deep reddish brown. Aroma is malty with a little hop aroma sneaking through. Rich malts are there but just tastes strange with so little carbontation. Hops pick up in the middle and finish. Seems like it would be nice for an Amber but the lack of carbonation throws me.

shadey (2166) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - SEP 19, 2004
Tasted at Buffalo Brewfest: This was a great red. Thick body with a strong flavor. Plenty of hops and malt balanced nicely. I was happily suprised.

Ron (4185) - Rochester, New York, USA - AUG 12, 2004
Draft at Flour City Brewfest. Reddish color, lightly sweet smell and taste. Enjoyable brew.

GregClow (3402) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 19, 2004
Nice ruby-brown colour with a mocha head. Aroma is mild but very sweet and fresh. Body is a little thin. Flavour is really well balanced, with more hops than I expected. A better than average beer. Thanks to NorthYorkSammy.

Sammy (12769) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 8, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 10, 2004 Nice ruby red and beautiful creamy head. Various flavour including chocolate malt and a total of 5 malts. A couple of hops there to give a bittersweet aftertaste. Medium mouthfeel. Sweet side would work in Canada. Bottled version was very fresh and better with more generous hops to keep it going over some time.

shameusburp (171) - Virginia, USA - JUL 7, 2004
From my hometown, their best seller but not their best beer. Some malt and hops but not much else.

Discofish (152) - USA - JUN 6, 2004
My first impression was that this stuff tastes like water. It’s very mild (nice bled of malt and hops though), something that you could pound on a hot summer day.

ChazyRPh (583) - Chazy, New York, USA - JUN 1, 2004
on tap...bartender error on the pour. Dark amber with way too much head (almost half the glass!). Roasty malty aroma, with chicken wing in the background. Surprisingly robust for an amber, kinda reminiscent of a porter. Very malty, quite good.

DYCSoccer17 (3708) - Woodland, California, USA - MAY 23, 2004
Damn, I had this last night and though it had allready rated it. Well, I liked this beer. I remember there being an enormous amount of maltiness to this beer. Lots of caramel and some sweetness too. Aroma was decent, but nothing awesome either. Pour waws a deep garnet almost mahogany with a slightly off-white head. A decent beer. Perhaps could use some complexity.

UNCCTF (587) - Cary, North Carolina, USA - MAR 19, 2004
On tap at the Four Points Sheraton in Buffalo. Poured a very deep red-brown with almost no head to speak of. This was almost like a porter with its roasted malts and overstated hop presence. A little strange for an amber, but a pretty decent micro.