overall
RATINGS: 2190   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.3/5   IBU: 35   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
The alpha of the pack, Doggie Style Pale Ale complements a wide range of foods. Flavor notes: Grassy, citrus, and slight perfume hop aromas with subtlety sweet malt body Pairs with: Cheddar cheese, burgers, barbeque, Thai, Mexican

Indra (2710) - Suburbia, Kansas, USA - MAR 9, 2001
UPDATED: NOV 6, 2005 Whoa, hoppy! This is not what I would call a well-balanced beer necessarily, but the total hophead within likes the overpowering bitterness. So, a mixed review from me. Good, but not great.

MainerInExile (41) - Nashua, New Hampshire, USA - JAN 28, 2001
I really liked this beer. It has a lot going for it. First, the aroma. Floral and hoppy. I'm not sure floral is the word I'm looking for, but it's the best I can come up with. Then there's the taste. Superbly balanced between the malt and delicious hops. There's something else in there that I can't quite identify, probably the same thing I couldn't quite identify in the aroma. It makes for an interesting pale ale, and it works. This is definitely one I'll come back to again.

mike mcneil (660) - St Augustine, Florida, USA - DEC 4, 2000
UPDATED: OCT 15, 2005 Despite the gimmicky ’doggie-style’ name and art work, this is a pretty tasty ale. Superb balance between malt and some aggressive hops. Orange citrus hop aroma with a biscuity malt flavor. Finishes smooth, moderately bitter and long.

1.3
kublai3 (176) - Staten Island, New York, USA - JUL 12, 2000
after reading the other 2 reviews I think I might have had a bad bottle. I'll try another one soon.

groovinhigh (170) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - JUN 16, 2000
UPDATED: FEB 16, 2003 Excellent hop finish. And the Ralph Steadman design is to much! A very nice beer.

wade (59) - Decatur, Georgia, USA - APR 28, 2000
Excellent hop aroma, and good strong hop flavor. Very good beer............