Flying Dog In-Heat Wheat Hefeweizen

overall
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 1393   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.97/5   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Brewed in the centuries old tradition of German beers, our brewers use more wheat and proprietary yeast to give it the unmistakable character of a flavorful, authentic Hefeweizen. The High proportion of wheat gives In Heat its smooth, full-mouth feel and our special yeast gives it its unique fruity and spicy aroma.

joet (2606) - Wilsonville, Oregon, USA - JUN 11, 2004
Light roasted coriander, good crispness, lightly herbal hops, lightly creamy, very nice, limited esters. good.

Nexxus (261) - Apple Valley, Minnesota, USA - JUN 10, 2004
Hazy light golden yellow with a medium quickly diminishing white head. Aroma of banana, clove, wheat, light bread, honey and pepper. Medium light watery body with a moderate amount of carbonation. Weak, grassy flavor of apple, banana, clove, pepper and wheat with some hints of citrus. Decent, but uninspiring.

Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - MAY 21, 2004
Veggie Spicy touch to this brew. Looks and tastes allot like boulevard Zon. Spicier than the other German Hefeweizens I’ve had. Not bad, just not exactly what I was thinking an In-heat Wheat might taste like.

jsquire (4488) - St. Marys, Ohio, USA - MAY 17, 2004
Pale yellow with a fluffy head. There is a funky tangyness to this beer. Thin body. I suppose it would be an okay lawnmower beer, but it is a weak german wheat.

worldleadr (56) - Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA - MAY 17, 2004
My bottle was frozen, and I became impatient waiting for it to melt, so I went ahead and tried to drink it. Unfortunately, most of the beer was still ice, so I got a pint glass and began tapping the inverted bottle against the inside of it, hoping to coax out the ice. This plan backfired when I hit too hard and broke the top of the glass. Much of the beer came out, but there were now tiny shards of glass in my beer. I think the extreme coldness and the fact that I had to clench my teeth and gargle to strain out bits of glass lessened my enjoyment of this beer. It sure was refreshing and cold, though.

BennyTicklez (621) - USA - MAY 13, 2004
Pours hazy and light. Not the best tasting hefe I’ve had. The cloves and citrus didn’t seem to mix right.

Skip (206) - Indiana, USA - MAY 2, 2004
Honey golden color, a properly cloudy hefewweizen. The aroma, however, is citrus-sour on top of the expected clove spice, and the flavor is tart to the point of sourness, thin, and maintains only a hint of clove. Head is thin and not retained.

slang (654) - Columbia, South Carolina, USA - APR 21, 2004
A very dull example of the style. There is a ton of banana here along with clove. Maybe I taste lemon. In agreeing w/ argo0, it does look like "hazy apple juice."

argo0 (14127) - Washington DC, USA - APR 19, 2004
Hazy apple juice topped by quickly dissipating, large white head. Aroma is medium sweet, apple, grassy, lemon, light clove, with banana sneaking in as you start to sip. Taste is mild sweet, tart lemon, finishing clove. Light body with very lively mouthfeel.

hopscotch (11078) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - APR 11, 2004
Murky, light yellow lager with a small, creamy, white head. Nice, hearty, citrusy aroma with notes of clove, faint smoke and pink grapefruit. Malty and tangy flavor up front. Balanced by the yeast and hops. Medium-bodied with a creamy mouthfeel and light carbonation. Lengthy, dry finish. Better than expected as Flying Dog beers tend to disappoint.