Flying Dog In-Heat Wheat Hefeweizen

overall
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 1367   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.97/5   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Brewed in the centuries old tradition of German beers, our brewers use more wheat and proprietary yeast to give it the unmistakable character of a flavorful, authentic Hefeweizen. The High proportion of wheat gives In Heat its smooth, full-mouth feel and our special yeast gives it its unique fruity and spicy aroma.

freezy (55) - Minnesota, USA - AUG 10, 2011
I personally hate this beer. Wheat is nasty, whatya expect? You fans of the garbage pail rife with rotten bananas are out of your minds. So I threw you guys a perfect score. I know many Germans love this stuff. Many think the Reinheitsgebot was "Beer Choice Oppression" and see wheat beers as liberation. Mine poured a clear bright yellow, short lived white head, no lacing. smell black pepper and camphor. Taste black pepper,lemon, camphor, yeast and mild rotten banana....no hopping, low carbonation

Herbicles69 (57) - Parker, Colorado, USA - AUG 18, 2014
This taste almost exactly like Odell's Easy Street Wheat. My only complaint is the addition of citrus peel. If you add citrus peel you can no longer call it a hefe, it is now a witbier. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

LJBrewing (22) - Anchorage, Alaska, USA - JUL 7, 2005
UPDATED: JUL 8, 2005 Excellent Bavarian Style Weizen. True representation of this style. A delicious wheat beer for summer time. This stuff taaste just like my homebrew, They stole my recipe!