Flying Dog In-Heat Wheat Hefeweizen

overall
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 1367   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.97/5   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Brewed in the centuries old tradition of German beers, our brewers use more wheat and proprietary yeast to give it the unmistakable character of a flavorful, authentic Hefeweizen. The High proportion of wheat gives In Heat its smooth, full-mouth feel and our special yeast gives it its unique fruity and spicy aroma.

cewldre (268) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - SEP 12, 2005
well, this is a a cloudy gold in color. It has a small head that doesn’t seem to stick around long. Definitely banana in aroma. I am not realy sure how to descirbe the taste, but it is a bit citrusy and banana in flavor. Many other tastes I couldn’t quite distuingish as well. I think I will get this beer again.

junon (430) - Honolulu, Hawaii, USA - NOV 17, 2009
Wow. Best American attempt at a Germain Hefeweizen that I’ve had to date. Everything is damn near identical to my favourites. Perhaps a tad bit more spicy than say Franziskaner or Paulaner but still very classical. This is my first Flying Dog beer and I have a feeling it wont be the last. Good start. Good beer.

Grzesiek79 (4435) - Radom, POLAND - JAN 25, 2012
hay, bread, citrus, floral, banana, vanilla, soy sauce, basement aromas, golden, cloudy, white foam, minimal head, medium sweetness, medium bitterness, creamy, average carbonation, astringent,

tillmac62 (759) - Gaffney, South Carolina, USA - DEC 2, 2013
UPDATED: SEP 2, 2014 Pours a clear golden with a head that rapidly diminishes to nothing. Nose of clove against a light banana background. Light body and well carbonated. Nice clean taste of clove and hints of banana against a lemon zest punch. Crisp finish with a touch of clove and lemon lingering. This would be a great choice after mowing the grass in the heat.

Cybercat (6153) - Georgia, USA - APR 19, 2008
Pours an opaque honey-golden with a thick, white, fine-bubbled head that sticks around for a while. Aroma is rich and wheaty with a definite citrus component. Flavor is rich and full, wheaty and malty. This wheat beer is pleasant, refreshing and smooth, and feels thick.

hamsterglory (48) - Bryan, Texas, USA - SEP 20, 2008
i didn’t know i would fall in love with flying dog this much when i bought the sampler pack tonight for our FRANKENSTEIN book club meeting - but i did, and i have. in-heat wheat glistens like sedimentary river water in a biology class test tube. grab the microscope, kids, there’s all kinds of swirling sifts of citrus and banana and coriander and yeasty hot spots spritzing about the aroma bed of this sample. the flavor confirms the aroma - full on humungous hefe-ness, scratched on the belly by mellow washes of wheat and grain. this is a good beer. a perfect beer to finish out this showing of RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD. nothing screams zombies like a lively citrus wheat!

bburychka (55) - Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 19, 2009
Has more flavor than almost any other hefeweizen that I’ve had. Flying Dog beers are impressing me (and I’ve only tried two so far).

brucebruce81 (392) - GUAM - AUG 29, 2009
I’m not a huge fan of hefeweizens but this has to be the best one I have tried in a very long time it’s smooth to me and not very bitter

deusax (453) - Grenoble, FRANCE - APR 8, 2012
Bottled @ Just Beer Assocaiton. Toujours fan des Weizenbier, celle ci est plutôt bonne pour une non-allemande

Knilas (32) - Vandalia, Ohio, USA - JUN 15, 2015
Flying Dog is really impressing me here lately, and the In Heat Wheat is no exception. So I’m not sure why its not getting the love around here.