Flying Dog Tire Bite Golden Ale

overall

RATINGS: 1145   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.63/5   IBU: 16   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Award-winning example of the German style Klsch golden ale. Brewed with prized pale malts and German Hops, Tire Bite is refreshing Golden Ale

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Darkover (1535) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JUN 8, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 19, 2004 Yellow color, white head.Bready flavor.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
TheBeerCollector (633) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - JUN 7, 2002
Very understated aroma and flavor. Very pale color with surprisingly good head retention and lacing. A nice refreshing beer but lacks character.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
JohnDo2000 (99) - Metairie, Louisiana, USA - MAY 31, 2002
I bought a variety pack of flying dog beers, and this one was by far my favorite. I wasnt terribly impressed by the brewery honestly. If I were to buy flying dog again, it would most certainly be this particular brew. Give it a shot...you may have another opinion.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Jfishback13 (273) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - MAY 25, 2002
I have to admit, Flying Dogs creative artwork drew me in. I bought a six pack in Charlotte, NC. I loved it... havent had any luck fiunding it since. Its a good, refreshing beer. I normally prefer darker beers, but this one did the trick for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
casper31399 (7) - memphis, Tennessee, USA - MAY 18, 2002 does not count
different, yet somehow boring. not a bad example of a style i dont much care for. i dissagree with comments about this being the brewerys best. their lager and porter might not stack up that high against other lagers and porters, but theyre better than this. Good summer beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
heykevin (1281) - Decorah, Iowa, USA - MAY 14, 2002
I pretty much agree with Guslers review here. Pale, sweet, kind of light with and acidic finish. Shows some nice german ale yeast characteristics. Fine, but not exceptional in any way.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Gusler (2653) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - APR 26, 2002
Re-Rate 04/26/02: Clear gold in color, nice rich white head, with fair lace. Sweet at the start, top light, finish is dry, acidic, moderate carbonation, drinkable, but not a great beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
PTomkinson (50) - Virginia, USA - APR 20, 2002
Koelsch is not my favorite style. I find this beer best when I am very thirsty. Quite refreshing. Golden color and hoppy. Decent but probably will not purchase again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
bluemeow76 (693) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - APR 10, 2002
This is one of my new favorite beers! It is unbelievably refreshing! Great taste and goes down really easily.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Dogbrick (12612) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - APR 10, 2002
Kind of maple-colored, mine was not skunky or smelly which a lot of people seem to have to contend with in this Ale. Possibly because mine was from a case that was not exposed to light? Anyway, this was crisp and lightly hopped. Not too bad at all.