overall
RATINGS: 370   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.05/5   SEASONAL: Summer   IBU: 15   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
A tribute to the highly drinkable “every day” beers from French-speaking Belgium. Contains Belgian two-row pale malt and 7% wheat. This beer is lightly filtered with an earthy, spicy hop character from imported Styrian Goldings hops and a beautiful rich creamy head from the wheat.

Malts: Two-Row Pale, White Wheat, Cara-8, Acidulated
Hops: Columbus, Styrian Goldings
Yeast: Chico
Original Gravity: 11.5 plato

Reathai (7) - USA - JUL 28, 2003 does not count
Somebody wrote that this beer tasted similar to Heineken - I agree, but I think it is on the south side of Heineken. Not terrible, but I dove head first into a barrel for my Fountain of Life and regreted it. A case of it would have been nice, but a barrel - hoy!

beerguy101 (5360) - Newark, California, USA - JUL 28, 2003
Light gold color. Medium head. Aroma is malty, fruity and slightly herbal. Touch of must. A medium bodied sassion (? ) Malts are fruity and mild. Hops are slightly spicy. Light and refreshing. Nice mild flavors. Well balanced. Light and refreshing this would make a great summer session beer. Mouthfeel is full and round. Finish is clean. Aftertaste is slightly sweet.

Perkeo (322) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUL 26, 2003
Pale gold, with a very white head, with a flowery aroma and flavor with background bittering, and unfortunately, a good amount of Diacetyl.

ConiseurofBeer (242) - Downingtown, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 15, 2003
More hops than I was expecting (which is a good thing). Nice refreshing beer. I wouldn't buy it regularly but it's all they had at the tiki bar at the pool I was at. It did it's job.

r464 (2359) - Earth, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 6, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 29, 2003 A light, fruity summer ale. Tried from a bottle bought in NJ not far from the brewery. Good summer session brew, not too strong or different to have on hand for guests.

daboskabouter (1470) - Fergus, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 3, 2003
Slightly speckled pale golden color. The nose is plastickey with some light fruit and a fairly big hoppiness. The body is quite hoppy for the style with a nice fruitiness with plastic coming through. A spritzy beginning moves into the middle with citrus and resiny wood notes. Finishes smooth with a resiny hoppiness. Not much of a saison I must say, more of a hoppy blonde or something.

plalo (5) - West Chester, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 28, 2003 does not count
By far one of the best summer ales out there. If you like a clean, refreshing finish from a florally hopped beer this is the pick of the litter. Best if enjoyed on draught. Temperature and pressure really affect head. I've enjoyed this beer for several years now. I've always felt it beats out the other commercially produced summer brews. This is my favorite FF with their winter Grand Cru a close second.

WISEGUY572 (1377) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 18, 2003
Mine had no head at all, but was a rich full golden color; with any head at all it would have gotten a 5 on apperance. Taste is fruity and heavily scented with floral hops. I did not detect much wheat in the flavor, but some of the characteristic yeast taste that I associate with Belgian wheat ales was there. Indeed, a nice summer beer, though there are many German wheats that I would take first!

SirHopsAlot (44) - Cockeysville, Maryland, USA - APR 4, 2003
I have enjoyed this beer over the last few years and it has not disapointed me this year.Good summer beer.

HighGravity (926) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - APR 2, 2003
UPDATED: APR 30, 2003 (BB 8/26/03) Very fruity/hoppy nose. Notes of orange. Light smooth palate with a light bitterness. Malty (wheat) finish. Good quencher. Not as good as last years example.