overall
Brewed by Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery
Style: Imperial Stout
Barrie, Canada

RATINGS: 104   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.91/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
NOTE: Pilot batches of this were available prior to release with varying levels of chocolate, including on cask at Cask Days as Mark Henry Sexual Chocolate, which was a blend of a pilot batch and the production batch.

If I had 2 million Ecuadorian Cocoa Nibs... I would brew you an Imperial Chocolate Stout. Brewing with BNL demanded a rare treat -organic Ecuadorian Cocoa nibs -to create a rich, friendly Imperial Chocolate Stout as sweet and quirky as the band’s music. We lovingly aged this beer on a bed of luscious raw cocoa nibs creating a black velvety brew so fudge-y it makes you want to lick the inside of your glass. Opaque as chocolate cake, this roasty brew pours topped with a whipped mocha froth. The creamy dark cocoa flavours gently warm with a steady 10%ABV. No bitterness to this stout, just a chocolate boldness that, like a happy memory or a perfect song, keeps on giving. And like great music, this bottle is meant to be shared with special friends and family.

mojorisn (26) - - NOV 3, 2012
I gotta start rating beers that I don’t love. Since this is rated in retrospect I figured what the hell, perfect score it is. Probably my favourite from Cask Days, although I haven’t went through the list and checked off the multitude I sampled yet. Oh, and of course, besides the Du de Ciel Soulstice D’Hiver and Peche Mortel. The taste was bitter sweet chocolate, with a very full bodied syrupy texture. Bit hoppy, and some lovely malt action going on. Drank like a chocolate wine (especially at 12.5%) if such a thing existed, only smoother like fondue. And loved the low carbonation bit.