overall
RATINGS: 654   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.99/5   IBU: 85   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
A cocoa infused Imperial Stout – Opaque black in color with a dark brown head. Big chocolate aroma with notes of espresso, blackstrap molasses, dark sweet toffee and dark fruit. Smooth dark chocolate backbone with complex notes of coffee, dark toffee and dark fruit.

SoLan (1550) - Florida, USA - MAR 24, 2008
Courtesy FrumptyDumpty. Black/darkest brown. Small brown head. Chocolate does not overwhelm the beer, though it plays a prominent part. Nice elements of roasted malt, subtle burnt caramel, light coffee, dark fruit, an earthy sweetness, and bittersweet cocoa. Full body, soft carbonation. Very nice.

Beerlando (3342) - Orlando, Florida, USA - MAR 21, 2008
UPDATED: AUG 4, 2009 Courtesy SoLan. Pours a very dark mahogany color. A small, foamy, tan head leaves tons of micro-spots behind on the glass. The aroma is big-time chocolate of every variety, from sweet and milky to dark and sharp. Vanilla, caramel, and oak are all present as well. Flavors of melted chocolate, cream, and vanilla meet a sturdy roast component, which really lends this one a solid backbone. Velvety smooth, with a substantial body, this one goes down way too easy. Dangerously good. This could be a close cousin of Southern Tier Choklat, with perhaps just a touch more roast.

Storm (2684) - Amager, DENMARK - MAR 21, 2008
Hand bottled. Thanks to Papsø! Black colour with a nice head. Aroma of dark chocolate, sweetness, and raisins. Fantastic flavour of syrup, sweet chocolate, a little roastedness - very tasty and smooth. Ends up a little alcoholic.

AgentSteve (1647) - SF Bay Area, California, USA - MAR 20, 2008
Rating #300. Big thanks to The Real Bastard. Pours an awesome opaque dark brown with a beautiful pancake colored head, once coaxed a bit. Nose is, of course, chocolate, espresso and leather. Not just chocolate, but a See’s chocolate hard sucker. Flavor is really complex with a plum like sweetness, dry, smokey maltiness, subtle bitterness of coffee, and semi sweetness of dark chocolate. This was truly an experience worth hunting down.

Brigadier (3665) - Chagrin Falls, Ohio, USA - MAR 17, 2008
Cleveland tasting

Again again mike comes through with a generous surprise. This is worthy of trying despite not quite living up to the hype. My assessment is that it should be a considered a Top 100 beer on par with the likes of North Coast Old Rasputin and Stone Russian Imperial Stout. Track it down if you can though don’t trade away more than the $15 to $20 it is worth.

Aroma / Appearance - Sticky lacing trickled down the sides of my goblet coalescing into a dark thin head. The oily black body unleashed chocolate, coffee, anise, smoke and a hint of sweetness. It was dense enough that I could have spent a long time admiring the care that went into creating such a tightly bound experience. It’s not quite as rich as the best in the world but it is very close.

Flavor / Palate - Smoke, licorice and chocolate tease the tongue. Next comes coffee and a bit more chocolate. The warm aftertaste finally releases the alcohol before an ashy finish. Everything sticks in the throat until washed away by another beer or water. While not quite a Top 50 beer it is definitely a contender for one of the best imperial stouts available.

BeerVirgin72 (880) - Pickerington, Ohio, USA - MAR 17, 2008
Bottle shared at the Cleveland tasting. I am glad I finally got to try this. Perhaps I need to resample, but I am not really sure it lived up to its hype for me. Very dark brown pour. Aroma of burnt coffee. Taste was mostly bitter, black roasted coffee. I did not get much sweetness or chocolate flavor here, and I think thats what disappointed me in this one. I would like to try it again to have a fairer assesment.

princesslala (131) - DENMARK - MAR 16, 2008
This beer is smooth. Like the sexy labeling advertises, it is a bad mamma-jamma. The strange thing is I didn’t really even know what I was drinking when I drank it. I had it in a sampler of all the beers that they had on tap at Foothills. While I enjoyed all the beers, I really found this beer, and the Irish Red they had, to be exceptional. What also really surprised me about the fact that the beer that I enjoyed the most out all ten samples was the Sexual Chocolate, was that the first time I had it at Charlotte Oktoberfest last year, I really did not enjoy it, but yesterday it was just plain delicious. I think this mostly due to the fact that yesterday it was served at the correct temperature in a clean glass. The sample was black. I didn’t pick up much from the aroma, but the taste was like a dark chocolate bitch slap in the good dirty girl sort of way. It had a big, bold, chocolatey, raosty flavor, but it wasn’t bitter, and there wasn’t any heat from the alcohol, which was surprising for such a big beer.

brewblackhole (1588) - Muskego, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 16, 2008
Bottle #430, Aroma is pure cocoa, some chocolate malts and roasted scents,more subdued then I thought it would be, you have to really stick your nose downin the glass to get all of it, taste has a little more body, multi cocoa’s brownie, chocolate frosting,chocolate pudding,roast,molassas, and chocolate soda finish,smooth as can be,flavor is very satisfying, glad I got to try it ,also glad i didn’t go out of my way to get it. Thanks Kingpin

cmatkins (12) - Illinois, USA - MAR 15, 2008
Bottle #173 (also recently drank on tap) Very dark pour, nice head, aroma not particularly strong. Good flavors, some chocolate and malt flavors Good imperial stout very hyped, but worth the hour 1/2 drive and waiting in line.

JK (6095) - St. Louis Park, Minnesota, USA - MAR 7, 2008
A black colored beer. Thick and heavy, great palate. Malt aroma with some wood. Flavor has chocolate, medium bitter, roasted oats, and some coffee. More hops than common for the style. It is not as incredible as I thought it might be, but still very good. The high abv is well hidden.