overall
RATINGS: 653   WEIGHTED AVG: 4/5   IBU: 85   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
A cocoa infused Imperial Stout Opaque black in color with a dark brown head. Big chocolate aroma with notes of espresso, blackstrap molasses, dark sweet toffee and dark fruit. Smooth dark chocolate backbone with complex notes of coffee, dark toffee and dark fruit.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
TURDFERGUSON (4057) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - FEB 14, 2007
UPDATED: AUG 16, 2011 On tap at Tylers in Carrboro. Pours a deep brown with a small tannish yellow head. I tasted before I smelled. Big gulp. Dark chocolate boozy milkshake. Stuck my nose in, though a little too cold still, got some nice notes of dark chocolate and coffee. Very boozy. As it warmed, the nose grew more interesting, and developed on my palate. Silky smooth body and a sure pleasure to drink. I want a growler too!!! **********Had a couple more pours. this beer is growing on me. Gotta bump it up a couple more points from my original rating.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Magjayran (1378) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - FEB 14, 2007
Bang! BANG BANG BANG!!! I just finished off my growler full that was delivered earlier by the guy that delivers the Foothills to me. BAM! Its all black and oily looking like an Impy Stout should be. SMACK!!! It smells like mocha espresso. BLAMO!!!!! The taste is full of slightly overdone coffee beans and dark chocolate with an extra kick of awesome juice added during secondary fermentation. THWAPALAMADINGDONG!!! This mugfucker aint too highly carbonated and has a creamy mouthfeel. BAMBOOZALEEDOOZER!!!!!� This sucker is downright chewy as well. Like I could almost chew it. Chewylike. MOCHAFRAPERGASTED!!!! I noticed the 10% ABV in the finish and it made me wish that I was able to have real bottles of this that were ageable as I am sure that a year and half old version would taste like perfection. SLAMBAMHOTDAMN!!!!! This was a damn good beer from the boys that work at that one particular brewery from Winston-Salem North Carolina USA!!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
NicerInPerson (337) - North of Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - FEB 13, 2007
UPDATED: FEB 14, 2007 A dazzling display of strong espresso coffee with a nice estery fruit contribution of raisin and prunes. The beer was pitch black with a low well lasting head which lasted to lace the gulden draak chalice the beer was served in. The flavor was strong espresso coffee, chocolate, milky and dark, with a fruity presence that hinted of dark dried cherries. Some alcohol presence was notable in the flavor, but overall it was restrained. The body was full, but not viscous, and had a creamy texture on the palate. A darn nice beer, some alcohol throughout, but mostly smooth and devoid of harshness. A dangerous brew at 10% ABV and being that smooth. Pint at Flying Saucer in Charlotte.