overall
RATINGS: 53   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.91/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Edgar Lager is a European style lager with a slight toasted malt flavor, balanced with imported and domestic hops. A crisp, refreshing, smooth beer.

1.4
00cobraR (1103) - Greensboro, North Carolina, USA - JUN 5, 2008
I didnt care too much for this one. the aroma smelled bad. Reminded me of milk that is going sour. Flavor was very malty, but the aroma kept taking away. I ended up dumping this one as it didnt appeal to me at all.

BlackForestCO (978) - Aurora, Colorado, USA - SEP 5, 2010
Bottle. Poured a clear copper color with an inch and a half thick, frothy off-white head that faded to a bubbly ring and left a good amount of lacing. Malty aroma with hints of toasted grain, cereal, light caramel, sweet nuts, and a faint earthy hoppiness. Smooth, sweet entry with some caramel and a touch of brown sugar leads into a lightly spicy, toasted maltiness that is offset by a very light, dry bitter hoppiness that subsides quickly, leaving a light caramel sweetness lingering in the finish. Moderate carbonation and average mouth feel. Overall, this is a simple, smooth beer that is really easy to drink. It’s simplicity without being dull make for an enjoyable beer.

Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - DEC 29, 2003
Sorta blah beer, seems to fit the Vienna lager style but it's not very exciting. Sorta sweet -but that is a characteristic of the Vienna malt style.

DrunkAsASkunk (847) - Lynnwood, Washington, USA - OCT 13, 2004
Here I am going nuts again... within the past month I’ve suddenly been the kindest rater on earth compared to the averages...the prior 2 years I’ve rated far below the averages! This beer poured a coppery amber color with a mildly thick white head which left a nice degree of lacing....3 maybe a 4 on appearance. The aroma is sweet and malty with a hint of hoppy grassiness and a touch of mandarin and nectar and a pinch of cinnamon! The flavor is very mild, mildly carbonated and heavily malted. I’ve had lagers and vienna’s in my time and this is incredibly drinkable. The pure idea of a session beer is this beer. Thick malty backbone, but mildly light in taste, no hops in the finish. Dry malty finish, some hints of nectar fruits in the beginning, but really very light and dry. Call me crazy again but I liked it. It may be incredibly one-sided in its maltiness, but it tasted sweet and very fresh, I can’t complain!

buckybeer (666) - Eau Claire, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 25, 2006
Pours a murky amber with a small head. I always get annoyed when raters throw out 20 different aromas they smell in each beer. Yea right! When I saw cooked vegetable aroma for this one I started to get annoyed again. Well, I poured this beer and took a smell.... Time to eat crow now. Yep. They were correct. I smelled vegetable. This is not a bad thing. Also sort of malty. Overall it is not a very bad beer.

mcjay (463) - Neenah, Wisconsin, USA - APR 3, 2009
Copper color with a medium off white head and a little bit of carbonation. Pale aroma with a hint of caramel. Malty body with a rich, roasted flavor, a trace of caramel and a dry finish. Taste is sweet and slightly fruity.

theshocker (329) - Marietta, Georgia, USA - OCT 15, 2006
Reddish tan, big fluffy off white head. Malty note, hints of biscuits. Well balanced, very flavorfull. I’d call this a darn good vienna.

DJC (238) - USA - NOV 27, 2006
UPDATED: NOV 28, 2006 Nice amber color, but I wish the off-white head would have lasted longer. Some of the remaining head does glide down the side of the glass after each drink, though, and that boosted the appearance score. Semi-sweet, toasted malt aroma and flavor. Very mild caramel finish. A pleasure to drink.

rhialistic (156) - Denver, Colorado, USA - APR 22, 2012
Pours a clear light amber with small white head. Faint aromas of yeast, caramel, bread, some earthy hops. Taste had the same earthy hops, biscuit, and caramel malt sweetness as the aroma with the addition of strange notes of cardamom and fennel. Medium mouthfeel, dry finish.

rotoguru (126) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - JUN 17, 2007
Had this on our bike/brew tour, so this rating will be expanded on the next go-round.