overall
Brewed by Fosters Brewing (CUB)
Style: English Pale Ale
Southbank, Victoria, Australia
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 562   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.32/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%

1.3
kathouse (1893) - LAS VEGAS, Nevada, USA - DEC 21, 2003
The opposite end of my beer favorite spectrum. The huge can pours a medium amber with poor head retention. Aroma is light with no hint of malt. Body was thin with low carbonation. Very unpleasant. Bitter taste lasted long enough to be nauseating. Gotta be better is Australia.

vwsteggie (684) - Paxton, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 17, 2003
Has a nice copper color with some carbonation and a corn/malt smell. Taste is kind of malted, but a little tinny and finishes with a bit of bitterness. Overall it is just another weak beer in a can.

jaymobrown (1845) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 24, 2003
Big old can of beer that's yellow clear, smells like corn and tastes something like a corn muffin. I was happy when I was done so I could move onto something else. Really thin as well.

0.7
drewcifer85710 (158) - Youngstown, Ohio, USA - NOV 23, 2003
Ari Fleischer told me to by this beer, he said it was really cool and that the president liked it an awful lot. When I found out it sucked I went back to Ari and asked what the deal was. I said "Hey, man! You told me Foster's Special Bitter was really good! You told me George W. Bush endorses it!" Then he asked if I had proof that he'd said this and said he can't confirm that Foster's Special Bitter even actually exists or not and that the president doesn't drink beer anyway. It's the big ass can that kept me from buying this for so long in the first place! And I wish it had continued to keep me from buying it. That's $2 I could've spent on anything else.

JoeM500 (1908) - Crown Point, Indiana, USA - NOV 23, 2003
Jaymobrown ordered this riculously large can at a bar last night. It was a greyish amber color with a corny/grainy nose. Grainy and rough on my poor tastebuds, thin and metallic. Substandard beer. Jaymobrown drank the whole damn thing!

0.9
TheDean (786) - MIlwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 14, 2003
All right, I admint it, I just bought it for the big-a$$ can. I mean, how cool is that. I know I didn't buy it for the taste, as it taste like flat good beer (you know, like flat Pabst).

Reid (2541) - Salem, Oregon, USA - NOV 10, 2003
UPDATED: NOV 30, 2008 Bought in the now familiar "oilcan" ...Looks a pretty good beer..nice large head( off white) atop a light brown beer..very little carbonation observed. Smell I am afraid is non-existant..nothing at all. Why do major brewers tend to erradicate the aroma? Its one of the things I enjoy in a beer a good scent. Taste is average also..not unpleasant but really I cant think of anything to praise..i get some sweet malts thats about all. Average on the mouth though I am happy theres not much carbonation. overall an average drink..though i dare say if i were trapped in a hell with this or Bud I would go for this. re-rate : 11/30/2008 Actually I dont know if they changed the recipe along with the label, but now I am getting some nice low level bittering, also getting some slight malts..giving a tobaccoish flavor similar to a watered down LOndon Pride. Score adjusted up.

Jahills (151) - Cambridge (Hobart), AUSTRALIA - NOV 4, 2003
Deep orange coppery colour like a true bitter, unfortunately the beer tastes disgusting. Off sickly taste, weird palate, tastes mouldy or somethimg. Funny, grainy, dirty aftertaste. Reminds me of average home brew. Special it aint.

thehoff (598) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - NOV 3, 2003
Nice golden amber color. Thin cream colored head. There is a slight bitterness in the smell. A little malty. Nothing great. It has a bitterness to the flavor but nothing else. Its quite watery, but much better than normal Fosters which really does suck. This isn't half bad. Would probably be better on tap.

whaleman (2178) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 2, 2003
Bright copper color and thick soapy white head. Aroma of malt, cut grass, cardboard and metal. Weak flavor and watery palate. Bland and boring overall.