overall
Brewed by Fosters Brewing (CUB)
Style: English Pale Ale
Southbank, Victoria, Australia
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 568   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.32/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%

JPDIPSO (6216) - Wauwatosa, USA - MAR 29, 2003
Dark amber with a taller white head. Light malt and mild floral aroma. Light in flavor and only slightly better than the regular Fosters.

1.1
srwalker155210 (108) - Port Orange, Florida, USA - MAR 14, 2003
The only thing it has going for it is the full bodied taste. I normally enjoy beers with a low alcohol content and full flavour, but this is one beer that failed the test.

1.3
OutHouseDilemma (70) - Crowley, Texas, USA - MAR 13, 2003
Too bitter for me... well, duh thats the name. The alc is way to low for a taste like this. Ok color thats about it.

Dougal (130) - Escondido, California, USA - MAR 13, 2003
Much better than its sister Lager. Nice Amber coloring, a little skunky and mildly hoppy. I liked the flavor. A decent Bitter from a can.

Yankovitch333 (612) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - MAR 4, 2003
Light amber with a huge white foamy head. Funky aroma that reminded me of regular Foster's. There really isn't much flavor and the finish is slightly bitter. Only good thing about this beer is the oil can.

kujo9 (1095) - North Ridgeville, Ohio, USA - MAR 1, 2003
Light amber color w/ a small white head that dissipates very quickly. Lightly malty aroma w/ a corn(DMS)scent which is the only discernable aroma, no fruity esters or hops; fairly bland by most accounts. Flavor starts slightly malty but finishes dry and slightly bitter, not as bitter as name would indicate. Fruity esters are non existant and hop flavor is nil except for the finish. complexity is non existant. Body is watery/ but has a CO2 bite that I find objectionable and definitely out of style, but I'm not really rating this to a certain style...unfortunately! It's a very drinkable beer, but not something I'd buy for myself. this is a pretty good starter beer!

legion242 (2348) - Richardson, Texas, USA - FEB 8, 2003
Pale orange color; white fluffy head; mild aroma hops in the nose. Nice body. Good hop character. I can't believe I liked this. I am ashamed.

Fulkrum78 (175) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - FEB 2, 2003
I remember liking this beer. Only had it once, and drank so much of it (and became so hungover after) that I can't bear to try it again.

1.1
redlem (1306) - Ohio, USA - JAN 22, 2003
A little more kick than regular Fosters. It has the bite of an ESB but beyond that not much else.

VTIrishman99 (64) - Virginia, USA - JAN 8, 2003
I’m not a huge fan of dark beers, but I like foster’s, so I gave this one a try. It wasnt too bad, and wasnt great either... I drank it with a meal though (steak as I recall) and found it to be pretty complimentary, so maybe if you just want something malty to sip on, this is a good choice, but again, I cant see attempting to get hammered on this.