overall
Brewed by Fosters Brewing (CUB)
Style: English Pale Ale
Southbank, Victoria, Australia
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 558   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.32/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%

linc33 (184) - Albany, New York, USA - AUG 6, 2006
25oz oil can. Definitely immediately different from blue-can Foster’s. Normally I would say more flavour is a plus, however, if I’m drinking Foster’s, it’s more for effect than flavour.. I don’t find it overly enjoyable.

mustangjoe (183) - redondo beach, California, USA - JUL 18, 2007
Maybe slightly better than regular Fosters, or maybe not. Probably a one time deal for me. Grainy aroma and weak flavor.

duffman462 (175) - Gainesville, Florida, USA - MAR 30, 2007
Like Pabst with some mild hopping, which makes it marginally better than Pabst. A rather strange beer, really. Total macrobrew swill on one hand, but kind of unique on the other. I’ll have another and think about it.

Fulkrum78 (175) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - FEB 2, 2003
I remember liking this beer. Only had it once, and drank so much of it (and became so hungover after) that I can't bear to try it again.

maxhits (172) - Pico Rivera, California, USA - MAR 29, 2002
This medium-bodied ale pours with a deep honey color and produces a thick pillowy head that will lace up your glass. It features a soft, fruity nose with some hop aroma. Despite its name, this ale is not very bitter. There is a little initial fruit sweetness in the mouth, and the beer finishes to a somewhat dry, bitter finish. I found this beer to be quite delicious, and I definitely enjoy this Special Bitter ale and find it to be a superior beverage when compared to the blue-label Foster's Lager. Compare in flavor to Bass Pale Ale, only think of something a little less fruity and a little more bitter.

Mklein818 (172) - Etterbeek, Virginia, BELGIUM - JUL 30, 2005
Nothing bitter about this bitter--lacks the depth and character of even its Australian rival ’bitters’ Coopers, Melbourne and Victorian. Still, among the limited assortment of beers sold in the ever-efficient 24oz can, Fosters Special Bitter is about as good as it gets--nothing offensive about it, and it goes fairly well with hot dogs, burgers and the like.

Jayson2425 (167) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - APR 15, 2004
I thought it was going to taste like shit but it was pretty good. I like the big can and nice taste.

Hiero (163) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JUN 21, 2015
Beautiful looking beer. Nice ruby color with plenty of carbonation and a medium size head that disappears fairly quickly. Taste is not quite as good as the looks. Light, flavorless body with a bit of bitterness that disappears in the aftertaste. Very drinkable, but also forgettable.

DW78715816 (161) - Kansas, USA - FEB 16, 2014
I'll admit I like picking this up time to time. $2.15 for a big oil can, only reason I get it. Very little aroma or taste, can says "Ale with Carmel color added". T think that says it all. It is not a good beer but I like the novelty of it so I get one occasionally. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Caton (160) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - MAR 14, 2002
They have stoped making this beer, what a loss to the world of beer.........