overall
Brewed by Fosters Brewing (CUB)
Style: English Pale Ale
Southbank, Victoria, Australia
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 563   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.31/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Hiero (163) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JUN 21, 2015
Beautiful looking beer. Nice ruby color with plenty of carbonation and a medium size head that disappears fairly quickly. Taste is not quite as good as the looks. Light, flavorless body with a bit of bitterness that disappears in the aftertaste. Very drinkable, but also forgettable.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Caton (160) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - MAR 14, 2002
They have stoped making this beer, what a loss to the world of beer.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
drewcifer85710 (158) - Youngstown, Ohio, USA - NOV 23, 2003
Ari Fleischer told me to by this beer, he said it was really cool and that the president liked it an awful lot. When I found out it sucked I went back to Ari and asked what the deal was. I said "Hey, man! You told me Foster's Special Bitter was really good! You told me George W. Bush endorses it!" Then he asked if I had proof that he'd said this and said he can't confirm that Foster's Special Bitter even actually exists or not and that the president doesn't drink beer anyway. It's the big ass can that kept me from buying this for so long in the first place! And I wish it had continued to keep me from buying it. That's $2 I could've spent on anything else.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
cAPSLOCK (156) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JUL 30, 2003
Medium amber color... skunky aroma. Bitter and a long finish. The best part of the taste is that long finish... something still is odd in the taste of the beer... a bit sour and strange.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
TheBeerGenius (154) - Pittsburgh, PA, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 11, 2004
I expected a bitter taste, but found a kinda dry plain taste. Not too bad though, kinda refreshing and not real strong.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
khayman70 (153) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - DEC 18, 2002
Not a beer that stands out in my mind, but a drinkable brew on a hot day.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jpm8920 (152) - Park Ridge, New Jersey, USA - DEC 7, 2001
awesome beer

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Dextolen (151) - Michigan, USA - AUG 30, 2007
I knew that RB would destroy this one. Was pleased with this fine pale ale. If all sporting events, bars and grills would serve this kind of beer instead of the swill. It was priced right too. Good intro beer for your BMC people in your circle.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
lasonovich (151) - AUSTRALIA - OCT 21, 2003
Nothing too special here at all really. It is a bit better than normal fosters because it has some flavour but it still isn't anything tasty. A little hint of hops and a slightly darker colour make it better than some but still not great.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Jahills (151) - Cambridge (Hobart), AUSTRALIA - NOV 4, 2003
Deep orange coppery colour like a true bitter, unfortunately the beer tastes disgusting. Off sickly taste, weird palate, tastes mouldy or somethimg. Funny, grainy, dirty aftertaste. Reminds me of average home brew. Special it aint.