overall
Brewed by Fosters Brewing (CUB)
Style: English Pale Ale
Southbank, Victoria, Australia
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 559   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.32/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%

webcross99 (1) - Middletown, New Jersey, USA - AUG 10, 2001 does not count
The drink that I have been waiting for all my life..........................

irishcarbomber (3) - California, USA - SEP 7, 2007 does not count
Great on a 110-degree afternoon. Crisp, long covering of the tongue. Strong scent of bright hops. Not bad for a Canadian brew.

gpolice99 (32) - Arizona, USA - APR 18, 2002
I liked Regular Foster's ,but this one is smoother,and Tastes Even BETTER than the lager! the English Bitter is a good way to go!

Columbusneon (2) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - FEB 3, 2012 does not count
One of my favorite beers. The aroma isn’t much upon opening, contrary to how it describes itself..but it’s a bit different if you are expecting an American style lager. But it is a good combination of taste and how well it umm, hits me. For it’s strength, it has some sessionability, which is lacking in other beers of this type.

wilkie (1208) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - JAN 7, 2003
I used to drink these in grad school because i thought they were better than the lager. I got a big surprise on this one. The appearance is actually nice when not viewed through the opening in the top of a can wrapped in a paper bag. Nice lacey head. Had a nice floral hop aroma, and tastes really good. Nice citrous and pine flavors intermingled with a lovely malted flavor. I doubt seriously that the one I consumed had only 2.8 ABV--maybe that's what it is in Utah or something. I was really surprised with how good this beer was. I may even keep the next one i buy wrapped in the paper bag just for old time's sake.

foyle (429) - Wyoming, USA - JAN 28, 2015
UPDATED: DEC 18, 2015 Sampled from 25.4 oz can in pint glass. Appearance: pours a thick, sudsy off white head that drops slowly. Color is a clear amber with abundant carbonation. Aroma: mild with bread being dominate, some caramel and a bit of earthy/floral hops. Mouthfeel: medium and slick with a somewhat dry finish. Flavor: bready malts dominate, some caramel sweetness with a definite hop presence. Overall: had to update my review on this one. Originally I rated it very average, but after several revisits this beer has really grown on me and I could drink it everyday. A very tasty ESB at a bargain price.

camay1997 (75) - patton, California, USA - AUG 13, 2017
UPDATED: AUG 13, 2017 Light tan head that was short lived. The body is clear with a high amber color. It smells metallic and foulish, like wet laundry. It's not gross, but I don't rush to drink more. There's a near IPA finish on the palette. It's malty and sweet. It's good but not exceptional.