overall
Brewed by Fosters Brewing (CUB)
Style: English Pale Ale
Southbank, Victoria, Australia
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 562   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.32/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%

bigrond (1499) - factoryville, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 10, 2012
This semi sweet light beer is smooth. Hard to believe this is an English pale ale. Tastes more like a simple pale lager to me. Some one else reviewed this beer as tasting like ’cold urine’. I’m wondering why he/she knows what that tastes like?? Anywho, this beer lived up to my expectations, which were small.

edgallow (4211) - nashville, Tennessee, USA - JAN 18, 2013
24 oz oil can pours golden with a white head. Aroma of grass and malts. Taste is malts, not real good. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

ContemplateBeer (2089) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - FEB 8, 2014
UPDATED: FEB 9, 2014 Aroma: Wet cardboard, lightly grassy, salvage store bread. Appearance: Actually looks nice enough; nearly transparent copper body with a thick tan head. Flavor: Pretty sweet and watery; some light caramel or maybe bread; finishes with a slightly grassy tang. Brings the apple juice as it warms. Palate: Light body, thick texture, average carbonation, slightly bitter finish. Overall: Now I know what a bad English Pale Ale mixed with a Malt Liquor tastes like. Not utterly deplorable.

joet (2607) - Wilsonville, Oregon, USA - AUG 23, 2001
Like a yellow, fizzy Mexican macro. (I’ve always wanted to write this...)’Nuff said!

jaymobrown (1845) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 24, 2003
Big old can of beer that's yellow clear, smells like corn and tastes something like a corn muffin. I was happy when I was done so I could move onto something else. Really thin as well.

turbo (1271) - Arizona, USA - JUL 11, 2004
not bad, thick foamy head and good lacing, aroma a bit nasty,, nice light amber color kinda plain dull taste but better than all the corner store beers

Pigfoot (2268) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - OCT 5, 2004
I had no idea this one was even available in the US, and after having one, I wonder why they bothered. If "Foster’s" is "Australian for beer", then "bitter" must be Australian for boring! Clear amber color, and a full frothy white head. (It is helped by the Belgian glass I’ve optimistically poured it into) Nose is fresh, soft, and dry, with slight toffeeish hints. I’m searching for any hint of fruit and come up empty. No worries, I’ve had non-fruity ales, before, and non-bitter bitters, too, but they, also were boring. And that’s the end of any thing I can possibly say in the positive about this brew. No flavor, no body, no texture, no bite, no nothing. Absolutely forgettable, and regrettable, in that the can is as large as the outback, at 25.4 ounces. Whatever I paid was too much... Why do they call it bitter when it’s not? Why call it "ale" at all? Metallic taste comes in, thanks to Mr. Aluminum. Farewell, Foster’s Bitter, we shall never meet again...

mikey (503) - farmington, Utah, USA - FEB 15, 2007
Poured a clear light amber with a tall, creamy, slightly off-white head. The nose was of urine and copper. Tatse is like an American adjunct lager with more hop presence. the finish was hoppy and bitter. Mouthfeel was thin. This is crap. Someone please tell the Aussies to stop killing us with thier with their bad imported piss.

cantona7 (6) - federal way, Washington, USA - MAR 24, 2007 does not count
not one of my fabe beers. i only buy it when thats the best thing available a tthe store..or if its cheap.

phaleslu (10277) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - SEP 9, 2009
25.4 oz. can from Keller’s IGA. Like the flagship Foster’s, I love the big cans. But that’s where the positives end on this one. Pours amber with a massive frothy eggshell head. I can’t describe the aroma any better than the previous rater: "skunked malts." Maybe also some corn and artificial sweetness in the mix, too. I hated the flavor on this and choked down every gulp; it reminded me of malt liquor more than an EPA. Skunky, with a nasty booziness, some grain, corn, and hops, and also a rainwater-like flavor to make things even nastier. Light body, active carbonation. Skunky finish. I actually prefer the Foster’s Lager.