overall
RATINGS: 3510   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.15/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 249   ABV: 8.3%
The coffee loverís consummate beer. Brewed with an abundance of flaked oats, bitter and imported chocolates and two types of coffee, this stout has an intense fresh-roasted java nose topped with a frothy, cinnamon-colored head that goes forever.

greenhorn1 (850) - Mission Viejo, California, USA - SEP 21, 2009
12 ox bottle. OK, so I was in Wisconsin visiting my folks and figured I must pick up a bottle to see if this really lives up to its name. As I poured the beautiful blackness I could smell the coffee permeate the air. As I dug my nose in deeper, you can really appreciate the hints of chocolate, roasted malts, and a slight sweetness. Flavor is made only for true beer lovers and I felt slightly guilty that I was not really worthy to rate such a complex beer. Flavor is blended so well with coffee, oats, and chocolate. A slight bitterness in the finish and just enough warming to make one truely fall in love this beer.

highlandlad (1480) - Blue Mountains, AUSTRALIA - SEP 20, 2009
A Rolls Royce of an imperial stout, smooth, refined, sophisticated. Creamy mouthfeel. Coffee, chocolate and alcohol - whatís not to like? A sweet impy and very moreish. Would love to have regular access to this one in winter. (Bottle courtesy of Oslo - thanks buddy - at the Milson Point park session September 09)

WVHouseofBeer (1065) - West Virginia, USA - SEP 17, 2009
UPDATED: SEP 18, 2009 Pours pitch black with a decent amount of tan head. It smells of coffee and malt. Excellent coffee flavor along with malts and a hint of chocolate, and nice thick body. This is a great Imperial Stout.

dalepryor (305) - Paducah, Kentucky, USA - SEP 16, 2009
pours pitch black, dark brown head. strong coffee aromas with chocolate. very thick! it even gets better as it warms up. the flavor lingers. i was very impressed, extremely potent brew!

jlruthven (612) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 15, 2009
Bottle, slightly chilled. As per its title, I drank this with waffles and scrambled eggs. Pours an inky black with light brown head that fades to a lasting ring and cap of foam. Nose is all coffee, mainly reminiscent of French roasts and other heavy blends. Tastes is immensely coffee-like, with chocolate notes; the oatmeal hints help things go down smoothly. This beer is probably too much for most people, and was almost too much for me, a seasoned imperial stout drinker. Still, you canít argue the quality or the results. Damn impressive.

ljay6880 (475) - , Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 15, 2009
12 oz bottle served in a clear pint glass. Pour was deep black with 2 fingers of dark tan head. Excellent lacing on this brew. Nose is espresso and dark chocolate. Taste is the same, with a lingering espresso finish. This is a great beer, but I prefer the KBS!

13mikey (503) - New Hope, Minnesota, USA - SEP 14, 2009
12 oz bottle from Casanova. Thick black pour with a brown head. Heavy chocolate aroma with a hint of coffee. Smooth, definite chocolate flavor with a fantastic lingering sweet finish.

TimRN999 (1) - USA - SEP 14, 2009 does not count
An old paramedic buddy of mine introduced me to Founderís Breakfast Stout. I had grown tired of drinking bland light beers and he, in a way, resuscitated my passion for beer. I have always been a fan of Stouts, but now Iím a groupie. Guinness was always my go-to beer, but I can no longer drink Guinness without thinking of this beer. There is simply nothing bad to say about it. When you open the bottle you get a hint of coffee and chocolate that lets you know that youíre in store for something truly special. Founderís Breakfast Stout takes a smooth, enjoying ride over your palate. Iíve never had a beer that brought back so many memories of my favorite edible delights. Coffee, dark chocolate, molasses... This beer is simply so damn good that Iím almost as angry that I swallowed it as I am happy to have had it caress every taste bud on the way down. I ration the bottles I have as to extend this taste nirvana. Please make more Breakfast Stout and send it all to Charlotte, NC.

Hopper (827) - San Antonio, Texas, USA - SEP 14, 2009
A dark black beer with a tan head. The aroma is so much like coffee it is amazing. The taste is the best damn coffee drink you will ever taste with alcohol in it that is unnoticeable. This is a coffee drinkers beer & a lot of people would be amazed by this beer that did not know it can get like this Extremely enjoyable.

rabba9 (115) - Chaska, Minnesota, USA - SEP 12, 2009
Bottle pours a deep black with a very thin brown head. Aroma is definitely of coffee... dark roasted coffee. Flavor is roasted coffee and chocolate with a slightly bitter finish. Mouthfeel is heavy, I wouldnít expect to have many other beers after this one. Kudos to Founders on this excellent coffee stout.