overall
RATINGS: 2688   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.79/5   IBU: 65   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Selected as a benchmark for the Beer Judge Certification Program used in all American based beer judgings. Centennial IPA has quickly become the IPA of choice. Pour yourself a pint of this complex flavorful ale and bask in the frothy head’s floral bouquet. Relish the immense citrus accents, achieved by the abundance of dry hopping. This ale’s sweet, malty undertones balance the hop character with a finish that never turns too bitter.

lemasney (398) - Trenton, New Jersey, USA - AUG 22, 2008
deep, great, dull copper body, persistent head, crisp, nice, drying, fuller, lively body, beautiful IPA, intense, sharper, nice, toast, grain, floral, herbal, resin, citrus, long finish, medium intensity, bitter, great deep, dark, hoppy, intense, bitter, nice, grapefruit, excellent craft, fresh, loved

BitterPoet (57) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - SEP 3, 2008
Cannot believe this IPA is not in the top 5. The combination of dry hopping AND leaving it unflitered has forged the PERFECT..and I again I say to this day PERFECT IPA for me. The dry hopping here produces a nice "gumball" mouthfeel, while the unfiltered floaters root it diametrically to the earth. Wish I didn’t have to trek to Hudson, WI to get it. But I do...and will. Try it for yourself. I know raters here tend to rate higher the higher the ABV. Just remember this is an IPA not a Double IPA.

dwmiller16 (112) - Delaware, USA - NOV 26, 2012
On draft in NYC. First sip was amazing. Huge hop nose and great hop flavor to match. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

TravHimself (38) - mebane, North Carolina, USA - JUL 7, 2013
Picked up this awesome brew in Durham NC ...not going to go into all the details but WOW!! simply put if you can get this Ipa in your area don?t pass it up,this Ipa is just perfect to me it needs nothing so I give it my highest rating ...cheers

tone_leggett (14) - - MAR 9, 2014
I can see why this is the base for judging IPA's, great flavor, the right amount of hops and one of the easiest drinking IPA's going around!

Bellsman1991 (31) - - MAY 6, 2014
I don’t give 5 to often but this has to be a 5 for me anyways! Just enough hops with a really nice sweet bitter taste I would almost call this a session ale because you do not taste the alcohol! Fruits/hops/bitter! Love it! Cans are so nice to have! Makes it easy to smuggle in on the golf course! Haha!

CanCrusher (1099) - Ilirska Bistrica, SLOVENIA - JUL 13, 2014
Bottle 0,35L. Cloudy, orange/copper colour with average big, creamy, off-white head. Strong, fruity aroma of mango, peach, pineapple, orange and similar tropical fruits. Taste starts heavy bitter with some caramel malts and finish heavy bitter with long lasting aftertaste. Full body, dry texture, soft carbonation. Excellent, bitter IPA, just the way I like it...

MikeNowick1986 (17) - - OCT 21, 2014
What a find....$7.99 a 6-pack in a mix and match bin. On my way back to grab the rest. This is by far the best beer I have ever had, even trumps Sculpin.

Rich71 (107) - Rijnsburg, NETHERLANDS - OCT 25, 2014
UPDATED: JUL 23, 2015 Dit bier is geweldig ! Ruikt erg lekker, bitterzoet. Heeft een hele mooie volle schuimkraag en heeft een lekker bittere smaakt die niet overheerst. Is verkrijgbaar in blik en fles, ik prefereer op fles. Op blik is het wel goedkoper alhoewel 2,50€ niet duur is als je het vergelijkt met de overdreven prijzen die nederlandse brouwers rekenen.

Teran (332) - Belgrade, SERBIA - DEC 21, 2014
UPDATED: JAN 28, 2015 This beer deserves silence while drinking. Aroma is fantastic! Pine and some honey. One of the longest and best ever aftertastes. Best nose ever! God Save America! I can only complain on a label. It is like non-promising product, by design. Some bad cartoon! BUT, THIS IS PROBABLY THE BEST BEER IN THE WORLD, and of course it is not Carlsberg. But this is probably the most under-rated beer here and at all, for sure! Unpretentious and ingenious!