overall
RATINGS: 2553   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.74/5   IBU: 50   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
Founders flagship beer. Dirty Bastard is an absolute beautiful beer to behold. Dark ruby in color and brewed with ten varieties of imported malts this beer continuously lives up to its reputation as a bold and powerful ale. Dirty Bastard is complex in the finish with hints of smoke and peat paired with a malty richness, finalized with a good bit of hop attitude. This beer “ain’t fer the wee lads”

JonLaRue (59) - St Louis, Missouri, USA - MAY 31, 2015
Beer starts with light notes carmels and coffee. Then moves to bitter chocolates. Its light and balanced. Kudos!

shanoknowsfood (95) - Hawaii, USA - JAN 4, 2017
Bottle @ Morton’s Market. Rich, creamy, sweet maltiness, toffee, nuts, hint of bourbon like aroma & taste. Palate is so smooth and complex - both with rich flavor and a delightful aftertaste of smokey peat and holiday spices. This is now truly my favorite style...and, along with Old Chub, this is my favorite Scotch Ale. A perfect brew. Food-pairing Note: Try it with Large Black Cerignola Olives. Absolutely delicious!

Porterguy41 (19) - - JAN 6, 2012
I have not had many scotch ales, however it was my first. Vary deep amber color, no head and a vary strong alcohol smell, over all great ale.

eldenegro (3) - Arenys de Munt, SPAIN - FEB 11, 2012 does not count
Una cerveza estilo "ale" muy lograda. Muchisima carga de malta, se nota en toda su intensidad. Un gran descubrimiento

GMF555 (4) - - JUL 7, 2013 does not count
First scotch style Ale I’ve ever had. I’m mostly a whiskey drinker and don’t drink much craft beer. That said, this one had great body heavy caramel up front and a whiskey like finish. I like it alot. Hiccup.

johnkuka (3) - valparaiso, USA - JUL 28, 2013 does not count
Wow. All the malt you can handle. Let this bad boy warm in your hand and enjoy the ride.

beern (101) - Alabama, USA - APR 18, 2016
Aroma: Peanuts, Caramel & Hops Appearance: Dark Golden Red. Taste: Similar to the nose: Peanuts, Caramel, a Hops opening & Malt finish.. Palate: Minimal Carbonation, Silky Smooth. Overall: Excellent example. A robust introduction and a silky smooth finish.

GRMule (3) - Olivet, Michigan, USA - JUN 1, 2016 does not count
Pretty in a glass. Boozey caramel and peat, approaching a scotch flavor. One of my favorites, and the ABV packs a nice punch.

jbarry1506 (28) - Indiana, USA - AUG 6, 2013
WOW!! I love this beer. It pours really easy. Not much head and it dissipates quickly. Clear brown color and the taste is amazing. I get the scotch right away and it makes me happy. The finish is just a tiny bit funky, but I attribute that to my lack of appreciation of ales in general. This beer just makes me happy. Also, try this one if you like bourbon barrel beers!