overall
RATINGS: 2691   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.27/5   SEASONAL: Spring   IBU: 70   EST. CALORIES: 336   ABV: 11.2%
A bit of backwoods pleasure without the banjo. This strong stout is brewed with a hint of coffee and vanilla then aged in oak bourbon barrels. Our process ensures that strong bourbon undertones come through in the finish in every batch we brew. We recommend decanting at room temperature and best enjoyed in a brandy snifter.

2016 vintage - 12.4% abv

pickydrunkguy (1) - Indiana, USA - MAR 26, 2012 does not count
The way God would want a beer to taste. Super duper yummy. Here is a video of my rating. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oc3_WKzw20

nobeerandnotv (12) - eagan, Minnesota, USA - APR 11, 2012
Gave CBS a 5 so KBS needs it too tasted both on tap side by side. I enjoyed the KBS slightly more but I think thats due to a lil more maturation than the CBS but the same goes with both just a lil more milder on the bourbon cleaned up nicely with choc and coffee founders are stout masters

Jvezp (86) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 1, 2012
Best imperial stout i’ve ever had. Taste like you dream it would. Prefect brew. Too sad we’re not lucky enough to have these in montreal.

pras (602) - Maryland, USA - SEP 29, 2012
Thanks Dave Arnold for the bottle. I finally understand what all the hype is about. This is probably the best beer I have ever tasted. Pitch black color. Aroma is full of dark scents including chocolate, coffee, vanilla, a hint of bourbon, dried fruits, and quality alcohol. Flavor is just like the nose. Coffee, chocolate, vanilla, dried fruits, bourbon, and quality alcohol. Hop bitterness is present and in balance with the rest of the beer from beginning to end. Very smooth, very drinkable, delicious. I am going to drink this one slowly and enjoy it!

Crompt (122) - York, South Carolina, USA - DEC 26, 2012
This is the best bourbon stout I’ve ever tasted. Rich and creamy with a bourbon burn at the end but in the best way possible. This is the staple when it comes to bourbon stouts which is so balanced it is dangerous. If you ever get the chance to try this please do, I promise you won’t be disappointed!

gonzosauce (157) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - FEB 25, 2013
UPDATED: JUN 27, 2013 2011 bottle (year and a halfish). Whaddaya want me to say? It smells awesome - very mellow bourbon on a smooth coffee-touch-of-cream back-bone, And there’s a skull on the label. Small and classy, of course, but it’s a skull. I’m rambling. This is the bourbon-barreled version of what may be the standard Midwest stout. And, as you may expect, it fucking rocks. So well balanced - coffee, smoke, wood, bourbon, and roast wonderfully meshed. ADDTN: Drinking a fresh 2013 bottle: rated as a 4.6 (I’ll leave the higher rating up). Astrigent chocolate on the aroma. Rich and intriguing. Mouthfeel is much more harsh when younger. Flavor is more based in a very dry coffee stout, with a bit of chocolate, than it is bourbon or wood. Bourbon only really hangs around for the afterburn - and there it is.

zickbeer_ye (441) - Virginia, USA - APR 3, 2013
Bourbon coffee, roasty dark chocolate aroma. light brown creamy head with solid black body. Bourbon, coffee, dark chocolate very smooth after taste. Smooth and creamy on the palate AMAZING...IZZICK!!!!

Emeister84 (2505) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - APR 3, 2013
Espresso, cocoa, cherries, molasses, char, vanilla, tobacco, bourbon, and spices. Black-brown with dark ruby highlights, and a nicely retaining, bubbly, tan head. Off-dry, chocolatey, roasty, boozy, strong, and savory. Full body, average carbonation, and finishes with strong, earthy, and slightly smokey flavors lingering. Awesome beer.

balancebeer (15) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - APR 4, 2013
I drank this wonderful beer out of a snifter at room temprature. It has an incredible nose, smelling it is half the fun. The mouth feel is full and it just washes over your tongue. Despite its big abv it is very well balanced with none of the flavors dominating any of the others. Some beers live up to their hype and this one exceeded it.

asmall (16) - Monroe, North Carolina, USA - APR 5, 2013
Absolutely the best! Coffee bomb! I have tasted the mecca of stouts! Wow.Scour the Earth for this one!Can I give it better than 100!