overall
RATINGS: 1281   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5/5   SEASONAL: Summer   IBU: 15   EST. CALORIES: 171   ABV: 5.7%
Not another boring summer wheat beer or lemonade shandy—Rübæus is Founders’ way to celebrate the season’s warmest months. Optimizing the flavor of fresh raspberries added at multiple stages during fermentation, this stunning berry red masterpiece is the perfect balance of sweet and tart. No question about it, with a hefty malt bill and 5.7% ABV, this beer is 100% Founders.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Palme (4258) - Bergen, NORWAY - JUL 18, 2016
0.355l bottle. This is quite a cloudy one. Deep red amber in color and a small bubbly pinkish sidesticking and lacing head. Mild aroma for a raspberry beer. There’s some of course, the really sweet almost jam-like raspberries. Light grass, some cherries and hints if almond essence. Not a bad aroma at all, but definitely a tad artificial and sweet. Much the same in the taste. Quite sweet and sugary. Almost like jam. Feels light oily in the mouth and it’s about average on the carbonation. Fruity, almonds and traces of sulfur. Not something I could drink lots of, or feel the need to try again, but it’s not a bad fruity one. 10.10.2014

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
vikingguy (1078) - Chaska, Minnesota, USA - JUL 15, 2016
Reddish pink with small head and tiny bubbles. Light berry and wheaty aroma. Taste - raspberry is prominent; mostly sweet but just enough tart to make it non-cloying. After the raspberry you get some malty wheat funk. No bitterness that I can detect. Good fruit ale. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
leaparsons (10033) - Wigston, Leicestershire, ENGLAND - JUL 10, 2016
Bottle, Beers of Europe. Red pink with an off white head. Raspberry with cream and light funk. Sweet then tart on the finish. Strawberry pulp notes. Decent.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
OminouSC2 (499) - Mora, SWEDEN - JUL 6, 2016
Red/orange color. Aromas of sweet raspberries, raspberry jam and slight lemon twist. Taste is sweet raspberries that soon turns to a tart, acidic taste. I prefer the Blushing Monk over this.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
olenickj (81) - Michigan, USA - JUL 1, 2016
One of my favorite all around beers. Beautiful, smells great, great flavor, refreshing. I also love raspberries so...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 12/20
topherone (11) - Ocean Beach, California, USA - JUL 1, 2016
I loved this beer! So refreshing on a hot day. I would buy this again and again!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Werthergoethe (310) - Moscow, RUSSIA - JUN 25, 2016
Приятно& питкое пиво. Яркий аромат малины. Во вкусе тоже малина. Сладост& почти нет, в послевк& даже легкая горчинк&

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
ttutony (852) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 22, 2016
Brilliant red color with a white head. Fantastic raspberry aroma. Tart berry fruit on the palate, sweet, medium body, tart raspberry finish. Reminds me of Lindeman’s framboise lambic only higher alcohol.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 10/20
fuzzcro (274) - Illinois, USA - JUN 18, 2016
UPDATED: SEP 6, 2016 Beautiful glass of beer. Nice color and great bottle art. I’m a huge Founder’s fan and waited a long time to see this in my area. Sadly, I think I set my sights to high because it definitely disappointed me. 9/6/2016 rating update. This truly proves that sometimes my taste is completely off. The first time I drank this I didn’t even pick up a hint of the raspberry flavor but tonight I not only taste it but I think it’s delicious! Definitely one of the better fruit beers I’ve had this year.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
mabel (8640) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 18, 2016
[8131-20160415] Bottle. Tart raspberry leaf aroma. Hazy, pink orange body with a quick foamy off-white head. Light raspberry fruity flavour. Light-medium body. Average. (7/3/6/3/12) 3.1
(Sample @ Premier Gourmet, Buffalo, NY)