Four Horsemen Headless Horseman Pumpkin Ale

RATINGS: 6   MEAN: 2.12/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.44/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
This seasonal ale, inspired by American folklore, is brewed using German malts, English fuggle hops, pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, cloves & nutmeg. Enjoy the Fall season with this truly distinctive pumpkin ale!

Most RecentTicked By

AirForceHops (7331) - Epping, New Hampshire, USA - NOV 14, 2013
Queenholly trades me another 12 oz. bottle, thanks much. I really love the artwork on the label! Sadly this is the second infected bottle I have had out of three different beers. The only reason I am rating it is because it appears that this brewery has bottling issues and really needs to take a look at what’s going on with their line. Gentleman, you need quality control protocol. Clearly something isn’t right.

0.8
jagad5 (89) - - OCT 18, 2013
This is the lowest rating I’ve given a beer so far. It pours a hazy brownish orange with a thin head. It smells and tastes sour, like bad vinegar. I like vinegar and oil on my salad, or I would have bestowed an even lower score.

Patrickctenchi (6627) - Cox’s Knob, columbus, Indiana, USA - OCT 13, 2013
Bottle: Cloudy, woody brown with a huge, tan head. Natural pumpkin pie aroma. Taste is spicy, nutmeg, caramel, cola. Creamy, malty. A nice little beer.

0.8
patrick767 (4063) - fort wayne, Indiana, USA - OCT 1, 2013
bottle - Pours hazy orange with a small, off-white head. There’s a little spice in the aroma and a whole lot of sourness. Yep, once again it’s an infected Four Horsemen beer. That’s 3 bottles out of 3 for me. I’ll enter ratings for the also infected IPA and Pale Ale another time. They were purchased a couple months ago. Different beers. Different release and purchase times. All infected. I’m disappointed and done. This brewery obviously has a serious bottling problem. I’m not going to waste anymore money until I hear the problem is fixed. Do they try their own bottled beer? There’s no excuse for this complete absence of quality control. How strange that a brewery from the same area, the now out of business Mishawaka Brewing Co., also had serious infection problems with their bottling. Rather... it’s not so strange. A quick google search showed me that Four Horsemen may purchased thire equipment from Mishawaka Brewing. Wow. Well... I’ve had one of their beers on tap. It was fine. At least there’s that.

gnoff (10711) - Mölndal, SWEDEN - OCT 14, 2012
Sampled at GABF on Saturday October 13, first session
Hazy golden color, white head. Sweet, spicy, fruity scent. Sweet, cinnamon, fruity taste. Medium mouthfeel, low bitterness.

queenholly (3623) - South Whitley, Indiana, USA - SEP 23, 2012
Tap at Back Road Fall Fest. Pumpkin, caramel, and pumpkin spices aroma. Light amber with a small off-white head. Tastes like pumpkin pie, pumpkin, caramel/brown sugar, cinnamon/nutmeg/clove, but not too sweet. Light to medium body and carbonation. This pumpkin ale found a perfect balance which kept it from the bitter vegetal flavor that plagues so many pumpkin ales.