overall
RATINGS: 123   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.35/5   IBU: 66   EST. CALORIES: 207   ABV: 6.9%
A true English Indian Pale Ale. Our Raj IPA is created with a medium body and finishes dry and bitter – possibly even more so than your Uncle Sal after you broke his window when you were eleven. Our English IPA has an intense hop flavor and high hop bitterness. The lofty hop level was originally required so the ale would stay preserved and survive the voyage around Africa during the English occupation of India in the 18th century.

IPagan5 (106) - San Marcos, California, USA - MAR 24, 2015
I have screwed up on availability...been putting Phoenix I am actually at the Tempe one. This is an awesome English IPA, earthy more noble the hop character, real bitter in an awesome way....great malt backbone but not heavy...nice carbonation to bring out nice hops.

bbooth (115) - Gilbert, Arizona, USA - JUN 3, 2002
I love Cask beers!!! I always thought the Four Peaks IPA was average, but after a little cask conditioning it smoothes out considerabely. Deep Amber color, dense rich off white head. Hoppy aroma, slightly sweet start, nice medium body, bitter/hop finish. Silky mouthfeel.

jonwal1 (5) - tempe, Arizona, USA - AUG 27, 2013 does not count
Dangerous to the parched lip. Arizona day drinking may produce a hazy outcome. Cheers!

mikedR (1561) - Gilbert, Arizona, USA - APR 4, 2014
I disagree with the description but I love this IPA. Not especially bitter. What I love here is the strong citrus aroma and taste and the slight sweetness in flavor. Good stuff. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

bigbeersrule (115) - USA - JAN 30, 2004
A good IPA but I'm getting a little tired of the standard use of cascade hops. Not as good as their latest beers but a good standby at the brewery.

Maltajo (330) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - JAN 6, 2012
In tap at Nobel Hops, Oro Valley AZ. Nice pour with a thin head. Very tasty and crisp. Refreshing with a bite at the back end. Good for you Tempe!

turbo (1271) - Arizona, USA - MAR 15, 2005
This turned out to be my favorite of the day at Four Peaks. Golden yellow with a good head and lacing. Nice crisp hop and malt aroma. Flavor was hopy but not over the top. Citrus on the finish. This is a good easy drinking I P A and I ended up having two more pints for the road.

TAR (2787) - Blue Ridge Mountains, North Carolina, USA - MAR 13, 2002
Cask offering: aroma is very fruity and citric. appearance of small particles, golden, dense haed that is creamy and sticky. hop burp from the extensive dry hopping of some hybrid-hop i had never heard of before this. are those cascades that make this thing so chewy?

Keg: Chunky froth, dense and sticky. aroma is buttery and toasted malt. flavors of passion fruit, tart pineapple, and a nice bitterness. Keg rating 3.7

ajm (1072) - Los Angeles, California, USA - DEC 7, 2008
Draft at brewery. I thought this was fantastic. My previous experiences with Hop Knot were not charming, but this was really great. Nice citrus, light floral and very clean and bright hop flavors like a tart harvest ale. I was very impressed, and this wasnt even my first beer of the night. This batch is SOLID.

Low69caprice (100) - Yucca valley, California, USA - SEP 3, 2015
Hop grass and citrus aroma. Flavor of some kind of hemp and hop bitterness. Slightly sweet on finish overall nice balance.