overall

Bottle: Unfiltered
Franziskaner Weissbier Naturtrub Premium Hefe-Weissbier
From Munich Since 1363
Ingredients: Water, Wheat Malt, Barley Malt, Yeast, Hop Extract
The original fresh wheat beer taste. Franziskaner Hefe-Weißbier Naturtrüb is a natural and elegant Weissbier from Bavaria with a lush white foam. The copper golden wheat beer unfolds with an aromatic fragrance and harmonious banana and citrus fruits.

MontereyJimbo (79) - Monterey, California, USA - MAR 25, 2007
UPDATED: JAN 20, 2008 Thick, frothy head, amber-orange color, fairly clear for a weizen beer, very faint citrus nose, very pleasant wheaty taste. This is not my favorite weizenbier but is a very good one and since it is readily available here I buy it again and again.

psark (54) - Binghamton, New York, USA - MAR 23, 2007
UPDATED: AUG 11, 2010 Fresh but clovey aroma The palate is rich yet evanescent. Great herbal flavor. If Hefeweizen is your style., then this is a great beer.

ndbauer (5) - Hudson, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 23, 2007 does not count
I am a huge Hefeweizen fan so keep that in mind. Great beer overall - very smooth.

brianjames1 (539) - Northridge, California, USA - MAR 22, 2007
Not bad, nothing special, go for the dunkell instead. Pours a mid-golden color with a thick white head.

Headbanger (3999) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - MAR 22, 2007
UPDATED: APR 18, 2009 Draft Paulie’s Pub and Grille- A cloudy orange with a good white head. Aroma of banana, cloves, and wheat. Taste of banana,whet, citrus, and coriander. A great Hefe but not as good as Paulaner IMO.

onlyrocknroll (379) - Antwerp, BELGIUM - MAR 20, 2007
Yellow and a little clearer than most hefes. Wheat flavours definitly, banana, lemon and clove, but not too pronounced. Very drinkable but wihtout being bland or boring.

CheersMate (1343) - Portland (Sellhood), Oregon, USA - MAR 20, 2007
Good Hefeweizen. Not as good as Paulaner. Pours a nice golden orangish/yellow. The funny thing about this beer is that when I bought it as the bottled picture it tasted nasty, but when I bought it in the six pack it was pretty good. I wish there was a bigger Hefeweizen following. This beer was decent. I am starting to enjoy Imperial Stouts more and more. The flavor was okay, Hefeweizens are becoming too carbonated and too thin for my taste, but for Hefes this has a thick taste to it. It had the taste of fruit, I would lean closer to lemons, or a sour orange if I had to choose a citrus flavor. Decent pour, the head settles quicker than other Hefes. Please God bless this planet with better Hefeweizens! Maybe my nose is messed up but I don’t smell any bananas!

Sombeast (151) - Pewaukee, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 19, 2007
Enjoyed at Kurt’s Steak House in Delafield, WI. Pours a cloudy orange-yellow color with a generous white, long-lasting head. Aroma is strong and pleasing to the end of the beer, with a sour yeastiness, spices, and a refreshing citrus edge. Flavor profile matches. Mouthfeel appropriate for style. Quite enjoyable and most of my business party had been ’converted’ by the end of the event.

Duster72 (117) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - MAR 19, 2007
Pours a nice golden color, very cloudy, lots of foam. Grainy aroma with some spice and fruit. Fruity taste with nice malt. Hints of banana, clove, and citrus. Mouthfeel was a little heavy for me. Good, but not my favorite of the genre. Not my top pick for the style.

wataru (11) - USA - MAR 17, 2007
Very good aroma: Spicy, banana and citrus. Golden color with creamy head. The flavor is usual wheat beer. Light body.