overall

Bottle: Unfiltered
Franziskaner Weissbier Naturtrub Premium Hefe-Weissbier
From Munich Since 1363
Ingredients: Water, Wheat Malt, Barley Malt, Yeast, Hop Extract
The original fresh wheat beer taste. Franziskaner Hefe-Weißbier Naturtrüb is a natural and elegant Weissbier from Bavaria with a lush white foam. The copper golden wheat beer unfolds with an aromatic fragrance and harmonious banana and citrus fruits.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
bochi23 (116) - Virginia, USA - NOV 26, 2006
poured from a bottle. nice creamy head, small bubbles. wheaty a bit of banana. not as citris-y as some other hefes I’ve had. I think it is a decent beer but I’ve had better.

strings (377) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - NOV 24, 2006
On tap at Bavarian Bier Cafe, Sydney. Best of the Franziskaners... confused as to why I hadn’t yet tried this one, but my rating say i haven’t, so there you go. Thought it just tasted better on tap than bottled, but i must have just been thinking of the kristall. Anyways, a damn fine wheat beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
hepburn82 (143) - SCOTLAND - NOV 22, 2006
Bottled - bought in the City Liquors, Breck. I found this surprisingly light in both aroma and flavor overall, but then again its the first proper hefe i’ve had in a while. I’ve been sessioning lots of American IIPA’s lately, which may have affected my taste buds slightly. Pours like a typical hefe. A bit of apple, banana and spice with plenty of wheatiness on the nose. Not a lot of flavor really - lots of wheat and banana again. Palate is OK but perhaps a touch thin. Very refreshing. A nice hefe but far from the best.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
chmurarz (609) - Legnica POLAND, POLAND - NOV 20, 2006
UPDATED: JAN 16, 2007 This German miracle have I found in one of Top French hypermarkets in Poland. Aroma of strong yeast and unripe apple.banana Franziskaner has seduced me with its full rounded taste od wheat and yeast, perfect head and nothing but nice and pleasant aftertaste. More of wiesebier in poland will probably make me change my rate. But for now I keep the franziskaner bottle on the top shelf of my beer bottles collection.It’s like an ideal of Hefeweizen

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
OldMrCrow (2434) - Seattle, Washington, USA - NOV 18, 2006
Green bottle.

Pours cloudy gold with a huge lumpy cream-colored head. The aroma offers lovely fruity esters -- banana, passionfruit, lemon, nicely spiced -- but the flavor comes through too hard on the overripe banana for my personal liking, a bit buttery and the finish could have a bit more snap to it. The mouthfeel isn’t anything particularly special, and I’m left feeling rather ambivalent about this one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
SudsMcDuff (8296) - .....Manchester United.........., Texas, USA - NOV 14, 2006
This was a kind of strange one for me, It looked great, It smelled good too, but after that it left me hanging, Don’t get me wrong , a good one of its style for sure..but..good on tap!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
joergen (27247) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - NOV 11, 2006
Bottle. Hazy yellow coloured with a white ehad. Aroma of bananas, fruits and spices. Flavour of bananas, fruits and spices.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
orville (160) - Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 9, 2006
had it on tap in wisconsin dells. wow! This hef is complex, aromatic, fruity and very memorable. prost.

slhaas (2) - Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 8, 2006 does not count
This is a great beer with a true Bavarian Hefeweizen style. Great flavor and very rich!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
imdownthepub (14208) - Banbury, Oxfordshire, ENGLAND - NOV 8, 2006
Bottled, 500ml. Light orange gold with big white head. Herby aroma this is a sweetish citric spicy beer, rather heavily flavoured with notes of thyme and a peely grapefruit. A little harsh on the tongue, finishes with fruit.