overall

Bottle: Unfiltered
Franziskaner Weissbier Naturtrub Premium Hefe-Weissbier
From Munich Since 1363
Ingredients: Water, Wheat Malt, Barley Malt, Yeast, Hop Extract
The original fresh wheat beer taste. Franziskaner Hefe-Weißbier Naturtrüb is a natural and elegant Weissbier from Bavaria with a lush white foam. The copper golden wheat beer unfolds with an aromatic fragrance and harmonious banana and citrus fruits.

coldbrewky (1730) - Hippetown East, New York, USA - DEC 26, 2006
UPDATED: DEC 10, 2008 Staring into this glass is as hypnotic as watching the nitro bubbles in guinness. The only difference is that this is tastier. Had to call the wife to come and get me since the pub in town just got this on tap. This makes getting haircuts and going to the store fun again. A luciously smooth body that is sweet and then yeastily tart. I beer could give you a nice warm friendly hug, this is the one that does it.

1FastSTi (3361) - Glendale, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 25, 2006
I was surprised to find this in my parents garage. The beer was poured from a green bottle. I was worried it was going to be skunked. Surprisingly it wasn’t. It pours to a nicely hazy caramel colored body with a lasting fluffy white meringue head. The aroma is nice with lots of crisp wheat, some interesting yeasts that remind me of New Glarus Copper Kettle or some of the Bells Wheat series. Yeasty bananas with nice earthy caramels and spicy with some cloves. The flavor is nicely wheaty with a clean finish. Light bananas and cloves fill out the brew. Good hefeweizen. I’m surprised I’ve never had this before. Much nicer than Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse. Moderate mouthfeel that’s well textured with lots of wheat and yeasts in it. With my vague remembrance of New Glarus Solstice Weiss, it’s hard to say which is better. Too bad I can’t do a side-by-side comparison.

muenster (345) - Sevierville, Tennessee, USA - DEC 22, 2006
Bottle. Pours cloudy pale gold/yellow with a fluffy white head, and some yeast floaties. The aroma is strong on mild fruits, yeast, bread, banana, and spiciness. The flavor is a bit lighter than I expected, but very nice with it’s bready spice, and crisp finish. Seeing that I drank this in the Winter, I think I will try it again in each season, it really seems like a beer that lends itself to warmer seasons.

chimpscampee (566) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 21, 2006
Apricot and banana aroma but not as much in the delicious, powerful yeast, lemon and wheat flavor. Medium to light body. Crisp brew for summer.

Birdiebeagle (958) - Perkasie, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 18, 2006
Draft Pours a cloudy golden color with a white head. Has a good fruity aroma and a thick texture. Not as heavy as I would have thought. Overall a very refreshing beer. A touch sweet but not in a bad way. Good finish and decent duration.

pintocb (654) - Hoon, Georgia, USA - DEC 12, 2006
Aroma of fresh bread, banana and clove. Cloudy golden color. White head that dissapates quickly. Tastes biscuity with some fruity tones. Clove in the finish. Good wheat.

okiebeerguy (1) - Virginia, USA - DEC 10, 2006 does not count
This is my first beer love, and it will always hold a special place with me. It will always be one of my favorites.

biggmike (480) - Hattiesburg, Mississippi, USA - DEC 5, 2006
UPDATED: JUN 23, 2007 Bottle. Nice aroma, banana evident. Poured to an attractive cloudy orange. Nice lacing on glass. Spicy, yet fruity taste. Good medium mouthfeel, not too thin, nor too thick. I liked it a lot. If you don’t like this, you probably don’t like this style of beer.

zombywoof (467) - Overland Park, Kansas, USA - DEC 3, 2006
UPDATED: NOV 13, 2007 Pronounced nose of banana, wheat, spice and apricot. Nice balance, medium body.

StateofTrance (35) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - DEC 1, 2006
Cloudy golden-yellow with seemingly endless head consistency. Exceptional drinkability and near perfect balence. A very inviting summer beer that is also very refreshing. The quintessential germanic hefeweizen.