overall
RATINGS: 80   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 20   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Oktoberfest is one of the most celebrated traditions in German culture. And though Kansas may be a long way from Munich, we share the sentiment. Our Octoberfest was only the second specialty beer we ever brewed, and the original batch was first tasted back in 1989. To this day, it continues to be one of our most popular brews, with folks seeking it out both at the brewpub and on the shelves of their local liquor stores.

bpr77 (264) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - SEP 10, 2012
Pours dark amber with thick frothy head, this one looks great out of the bottle. Aroma is caramel and I can pick up on some earthy/hop notes and toffee as well. First thing that strikes me about this one is the body, med. to heavy and perfect for the style. Nice rich caramel/toffee flavor that finishes clean. I can’t recall a better Octoberfest and I’m proud its from a brewery just down the road from me in Lawrence, KC and now avail. by bottle. Awesome stuff ! I’ll be looking forward to this every year !

shadey (2171) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - OCT 1, 2007
Growler acquired in trade with mreusch. Pour is an attractive amber covered in white creamy lace. Aroma is toasty caramel. Nice smooth flavor of sweet caramel and that very attractive toast re-appears. Just a touch of mild hops? This is what I picture when I think of an Oktoberfest. Beautiful.

jessekratina (30) - Kansas, USA - OCT 20, 2013
Aroma; bread, grass, floral, Appearance; orange, clear, minimal head, Taste; light sweetness, medium bitterness, medium sourness, umami, Palate; light body, thin feel, fizzy, bitter, Overall it is a great beer and one of my favorite seasonal beers, definitely recommend it.

magsinva (1493) - Virginia, USA - AUG 26, 2017
Draft @ Free State - clear copper with a white head. This might be the best Märzen I’ve ever had. Great ready malty sweetness, spicy bitterness, but not too much. Very nice!!

balloonbuffoon (747) - - SEP 30, 2017
12floz bottle, BBD: 12.03.2017, $9 for a six-pack, nonic glass. Aroma: butterscotch-caramel. Appearance: dark amber (cherrywood), translucent, off-white head with good retention. Taste: biscuity and honey-caramel. Palate: Medium bodied, malty with a rather reserved sweetness. Overall: Clean and well composed. A fine U.S. brewed Octoberfest.