overall
RATINGS: 126   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.5/5   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Fremont is the self-proclaimed “Center of the Universe” and Universale, our flagship product, honors the namesake of our unique location. Universale Pale Ale offers a distinctive Northwest twist on the classic pale ale, using a select blend of organic Gambrinus pale roasted malt and Old World malts balanced with classic Northwest hops to achieve a heavenly beer of rich malt flavor and subtle hop spice. This is beer. Enjoy.

WABeerFiend (426) - - JAN 16, 2015
Hops: Columbus, Centennial, Cascade and Simcoe. Malts: Pale, Special Aromatic, and Victory. Poured from a can into a tumbler on 12.27.13. A: See through golden. 1 finger fluffy head that retains well. S: Delicious citrus, pine. Fantastic! T: Pine, citrus, flower. Malt is there as a base. M: Crisp. Perfect carbonation. O: This was the first APA that I had ever tried and it blew me away. This beer changed my view of what beer could taste like. I expected a lip-puckering "bitter beer face" bitterness but what I got instead was a wash of pine and citrus. It pushed me to challenge my tastebuds and explore other beer styles. This beer is my first love.

dwyerpg (6413) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - OCT 3, 2009
had at Fremont okto fest. This is a nice pale ale. A good hop. A bit fruity, more floral and some good bittering hops. A great surprise to the festival for me.

Hanuta06 (487) - Washington, USA - FEB 9, 2013
Serving: from can--purchased at Full Throttle Bottles. Aroma: lightly hoppy with grapefruit overtones. Appearance: large, rocky, off-white, initial head with fully diminishing longevity and very good lacing. Hazy, dark-yellow body. Taste: lightly sweet initial flavor and lightly citrusy, slightly acidic finish with average duration. Palate: light bodied with watery texture and lively carbonation. Overall: excellent. Very subtle, appealing taste with no overpowering attributes. Easy to drink.

maxwelldeux (4433) - Snohomish, Washington, USA - JUN 11, 2013
Draught. Pours a slightly hazy amber color with a moderate white head on it. Nose reminded me quite a bit of a nice IPA - somewhat hoppy with some floral and citrus elements coming through. Taste is slightly bitter, yet very crisp and smooth. I really like it.

Hoppygirlcda (29) - Coeur d Alene, Idaho, USA - MAR 19, 2012
This was a really nice beer. Loved the smell and it is a beer that I could drink all day. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

mikedR (1561) - Gilbert, Arizona, USA - JUL 12, 2014
Nice. Agreeable. There’s nothing to write home about, but it’s sufficiently flavorful. No one will be offended.

George999 (466) - Colorado, USA - FEB 22, 2016
From the can the pour is strong colored with a hazy backing and a very thin white head the dissipates quickly, the aroma is citrus hops and very crisp aroma, the taste is citrus lightly hopped and a very good balance, the mouthfeel is thin. Overall impression is a solid ale with a good hop balance that is kept in check and not overpowering, a great ale that is not an IPA.