overall
RATINGS: 823   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.31/5   IBU: 31   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
The best selling Amber in the Northwest. Its a great tasting malty sweet beer that has rich amber hue, a full body, and a spicy floral hop finish. This American style amber ale is brewed with: 2-row Pale, Crystal and Chocolate malts and is hopped with Mt. Hood and Cascade hops

drismyhero (815) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - NOV 7, 2002
Beautiful dark color but lacking a bit in foam and lace. Nice and malty, this puts a smile on my face for sure. I like to see a Northwest brewery put some malt in their beer to balance out the insanely bitter hops. The flavor does drop off a bit fast though, almost before I can really get a good depiction of the beer. Rather mellow but full of flavor.

mwsf (360) - San Francisco, California, USA - NOV 4, 2002
Dark brown color with a medium head. Caramel aroma and flavor. Slight hop aroma. Lots of malt in the nose. Light bitterness. Some sweet caramel. Malty. Some slight plum flavors. Medium body. An excellent west coast amber.

foduck (330) - Seattle, Washington, USA - NOV 2, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 31, 2003 I bought some singles of this from the nearby beer store, they were hidden behind cases of Bud Ice and covered with dust. The owner saw what I picked and gave me a discount, because he said it was old. The label said 'Best before 12-09-00' This is one of the better amber ales I think, a little on the hoppy side, some malt, and ever so slightly tart. Nothing bad about it. My favorite amber ale.

ENTROPY (141) - Terra Bella, California, USA - OCT 29, 2002
this brew seemed really carbonated to me, alittle to much. Ill give this brew a: B-

knickerbocker (13) - USA - OCT 21, 2002
Not excellent but a good every day ale. Not as bitter as Lagunitas but near, fairly good finish. Not as rich in taste as either Sierra Nevada or Lagunias. But Good Ale.

erway (1004) - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA - OCT 19, 2002
Nothing great but a good session beer with all the right qualities of a good amber. Clean tasting, medium-bodied with a toasty aroma.

AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - OCT 12, 2002
Good amber color. Pleasant aroma. Bitter finish.

jpfrog (130) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - OCT 12, 2002
A good solid amber ale. I am not really a fan of malts, however this beer has a fairly good "maltness" to it. I like more hops though. I guess that you cant really expect that from a mass-produced ale though. All in all a fairly good beer.

TheBrews99 (9) - Oregon, USA - OCT 11, 2002 does not count
An excellent Amber Ale. Full Sail Brewing company has never let me down. The beer had a bold dark amber color and a slightly sweet taste, but not so much that I forgot I was drinking a beer.

rich42 (128) - USA - OCT 6, 2002
dark amber in color. lots of hop spiciness with a fair amount of bitterness - but its well balanced by sweet malt and carmel flavors. medium body with nice mouthfeel. very good - one of my favorite ambers.