overall
RATINGS: 109   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.03/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
As a daddy-to-be and a recent graduate of Oregon State Universitys Brewing Sciences program, Jason celebrates his inner college student and his soon-to-be new station in life with Big Daddy J. According to Jason, BDJ is a malt liquor that is simple and delicious. Its golden in color and hopped with Hallertau Hersbrucker hops, perfectly balanced so that its clean and drinkable smoothness makes that 8 percent alcohol go down so easily. Full Sails Brewers Share beers will only be available on tap at Full Sails Tasting Room and Pub in Hood River, Oregon, and at Full Sails Brewery at Riverplace, in Portland, Oregon.

kevinator (2231) - The Colony, Texas, USA - MAY 20, 2013
Well, it is malt liquor. Simply an alcoholic version of an average beer. I will say that it did seem as if some effort was put into the product. It was definitely not Old English. Aroma was sweet, malty and alcohol, which pretty much describes the taste. It had an amber color with a small head. The palate was light and watery. Nothing special here but if you had to drink malt liquor this would be the one to choose.

Gription79 (2891) - Bountiful, Utah, USA - MAY 8, 2013
Poured from a 22 ounce bomber. Notes of apple, caramel, super sweet, sulfur. Not a fan of the sulfur character.

llcooldave (1217) - San Antonio, Texas, USA - APR 5, 2013
Clear sparkling gold in the glass. Surprising spicy hops aroma. More tasty spicy hops in the flavor with a muted metallic flavor. Overall, better than I thought it would be...

wxman (1820) - O’Fallon, Illinois, USA - MAR 26, 2013
Pours a clear yellow/gold with a pretty big white head. Aroma is bread dough and mild hops. Sweet pale malt taste along with breadiness and a little caramel. Nice, for a ML. No alcohol detected and no ML character.

drowland (8760) - Georgia, USA - MAR 22, 2013
2/22-23/13. Bomber shared at some point during RBWG. I thought for sure I had lost my notes from that night and was packing today when BOOM, full page of ratings, including this GEM. Golden pour. A touch of spice, booze, and sweet malts in the aroma and flavor. Could be worse.

garmonbozia (429) - Hattiesburg, Mississippi, USA - MAR 16, 2013
Bottle from Half Time. Lots of malt and some lite hops. Grassy taste with boozy finish. Lots of carbonation

hfmejias (1283) - Marshall, Minnesota, USA - MAR 16, 2013
1 Pt. 6 Fl. Oz. Bottle that poured orange with a little white head. Some malts a nd spices are predominant in aroma but you also get some notes of booze from the high alcohol content. I wasn’t sure about trying/buying malt liquor but actually I’m glad I did; this one has a nice smooth and sweet taste from malts and fruits that complements the the crisp and refreshing this light body brew. It’s quite good.

tricyclist (1125) - Florida, USA - MAR 12, 2013
Holy shit! I’m totally a fan of malt likka. I never would’ve known. I don’t have a paper bag, but I’m enjoying this fancy little diddy from the bottle, so I’m not sure what color it is. I’m guessing maybe a 5 outta ten. That seems fair. The taste is sweet corny malt and heaven. I bet it’s fancy.. Seriously fancy. I need to start riding my bicycle more. Queen is on the radio and I’m digging it. I could go for some hot pants right about now. Pink...

AmEricanbrew (6878) - Same Trailer, Different Park, Louisiana, USA - FEB 28, 2013
Clear golden color with ivory sheen. Cracked pepper, dry pale malt, spicy alcohol aromas. medium body with average co2. Lightly dry, grainy lagered pale malt flavors with mild alcohol, and spicy black pepper--not too bad

Leighton (21296) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - FEB 21, 2013
Bottle at RBWG. Pours clear gold with a fine white foam head. It is a sweet beer, with cheap pale malts, some cereal, mellow alcohol. Medium bodies with average carbonation. Sweet finiah with mild alcohol warmth. Not super enjoyable, but drinkable.