Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 5   MEAN: 2.6/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.68/5   ABV: -
One of the oldest styles of beer in the world, the history of hefeweizen goes back as far as the 14th or 15th century. And we say, when something’s working, just get out of the way. That’s why Henry Weinhard’s Northwest Wheat is made the traditional way, like Germans have been doing for centuries. Made with American hops and a touch of honey, this beer has a really incredible depth of flavor.

Most RecentTicked By

bpreo (2943) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - SEP 10, 2014
Sorry, but Henry Weinhards just isn’t the best brewery in Oregon. Their beers always taste a bit off, like they are discount beer from Walgreen’s. This one is no exception. It’s a shadow of a real Hefeweizen. First rated January 7th, 2013.

harrymel (1551) - Spokane, Washington, USA - DEC 7, 2013
Brewed with Honey. Best by 02SEP12 Pours a honey golde with solid sheet of white foam. No lace and slightly too clear for a wheat IMO. Smells of flour, sweet wheat, hints of lemongrass and honey with a good dose of corn. Taste is sweet with Hawaiian roll flavors and a bit of candy sugar and grain. Like sweetened cream of wheat. Medium bodied with low carb for the style and a wet finish. Drinkable, approachable, and I can see why my pal who adores Blue Moon loves it. Serving type: bottle 07-30-2012

blackmurder (236) - Whitaker, Oregon, USA - NOV 21, 2013
I might as well be drinking a lager. As I gulp this I am bereft of anything that reminds me of a wheat beer. Devoid of flavor in all ways possible aside from a small amount of hops bitterness in the finish. Not a bad beer I just expected more.

KAggie97 (3529) - Ugly, Hot, and Humid Spring, Texas, USA - NOV 24, 2012
Tap somewhere south of nowhere. Pours an average yellow with a nose of grassy wheat and light clove. Flavor is grassy hay and banana grass. Light mouthfeel. Meh.

AdamGott (387) - Idaho Falls, Idaho, USA - SEP 5, 2012
I think this is new (?) and not a renaming of a previously existing product. As far as Weinhard Wheat beers go this is my favorite. That being said I am not a wheat beer fan (especially with other adjuncts like orange, cloves, etc.). Cloudy light amber pour with slight orange, dough, and bread on the nose. Tangy in the mouth with more orange and a nice finish of dough/malt/lemon.