overall
Brewed by Fuller's
Style: Porter
Chiswick, England

RATINGS: 2958   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.93/5   IBU: 33   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
Bottle and keg (USA): Pasteurised.
Fuller’s London Porter, is widely regarded as the World’s Finest Porter: having won awards all over the world, London Porter is regularly voted the number one Porter on beer websites such as www.ratebeer.com, a tremendous accolade to our brewing team. Rich, dark and complex, at 5.4% ABV the beer has an outstanding depth of flavour.
It is brewed from a blend of Brown, Crystal and Chocolate malts for a creamy delivery balanced by traditional Fuggles hops.

jefcon (1935) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - SEP 26, 2004
Black and stark in the glass, but looks somewhat watery. Ample roasted malt notes, lots of chocolate on the nose. Tons of flavor of the same, with a hint of chicory and tea. Smooth and long on the palate. A benchmark for porter.

MaximumBob1959 (6) - Milpitas, California, USA - SEP 23, 2004 does not count
Coffee! That’s what took me so long to think of. It reminded me of coffee by the smell of it, taste too. Nice and smooth. A very professional porter. Well put together with a mild after taste.

MrWalker (926) - Stockholm, SWEDEN - SEP 23, 2004
Bottle @ Akkurat, Stockholm. Offical tasting with represetatives from the brewery.
Had this as cask before being a Rater. THAT is a beer to walk miles for. Quite good botteled as well with aroma of coffee and smoked ham. Full bodied. A nice chilly day’s beer.

kozzak1 (70) - Florida, USA - SEP 22, 2004
This porter is a so smooth it is a delight! Very tasty but a slight sour aftertaste. Excellent with burgers or prime rib!

Odeed (1806) - Bakersfield, California, USA - SEP 13, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 14, 2005 seeing the high rating on this one i had to get one and taste if for myself.i must say it is a very good porter.nice smokey taste,and very pleasing aroma.although i personally like my porters a bit thicker overall,this does not disapoint for sure. re-rate:i think i was a little hard on this tastey little porter.this is my second bottle and im really enjoying it.

MrHoppsworth (47) - USA - SEP 12, 2004
Another great porter. Not much chocholate flavor,but a smooth smokey,and slight coffee flavor. Smoke dominates in a good way. Very good balance.

frylock (1144) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - SEP 11, 2004
Dark ruby brown with a tan head. Rich chocolatey aroma with plenty of roastiness. Smooth and roasty, nice cocoa notes. Freshly roasted coffee comes through quite nicely. Well balanced and very tastey. Can’t believe I over looked this for so long.

vinnybigs (3) - Bronx, New York, USA - SEP 10, 2004 does not count
god damn this is good pours a creamy brown head that makes my mouth water. has a bit of coffe flava that definitly wakes me up definitly one of my favorites

DocLock (11048) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 10, 2004
I can’t believe I waited this long to try this one. First of all, this one deserves its top 50 ranking. Pours dark ruby with a big, creamy tan head. Aroma of big malt, chocoff, slight dark fruit. Tastes malty, roasty, with tons of chocoff, nuts, and corn flakeyness. The palate is firm, bold, complex, with a semi-dry, roasty finish. Very well balanced, nice complexity, and an awesome beer. I put this one just behind Dogwood Impy and FFF Alpha Klaus as my favorite porter of all time (so far).

wpp83 (64) - Athens, Georgia, USA - SEP 8, 2004
Poured a dark ruby with a large soapy tan head. Aroma was of roasted malts, cocoa, and coffee. The flavor was excellent. Man what a beer. My mouth watered when I saw it, and even more so after the first taste! Very malty, lots of rich dark chocolate flavors and a mild hint of coffee, among other less describable perfections. The palate was very smooth with a good bit of carbonation. Slightly dry bitter finish. The only thing that would make this beer better would be me not having a cold and being able to experience more of the taste which is amazing. Wow, what a beer.