overall
Style: Premium Bitter/ESB
London, England
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 2284   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.39/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Pasteurised bottle, can and keg (4.1% in the UK, 4,7% for export).
Outstanding Premium Ale.
"London Pride is a smooth and astonishingly complex beer, which has a distinctive malty base complemented by a rich balance of well developed hop flavours from the Target, Challenger and Northdown varieties in the brew."
Michael Jackson 500 Classic Brews

ultraspank (867) - Alverca, Lisboa, PORTUGAL - JUN 16, 2002
I was pleased to have been introduced to this stellar British brew at the Old Bag of Nails Pub while consuming a complimentary also stellar British meal of their legendary fish and chips. This brew pours a clear sparkling pure copper. The tight creamy off-white head is titanic, with very good lacing and is fully lasting. The deep aroma is primarily caramel and spicy dried fruit, but the subtleties are endless. The exquisite flavor is super rich like a fine cheesecake; raisins, dates, anise and more, much more. Perfect complexity and balance. The finish is long and rewarding. The palate is creamy and soft with a full body and a dry finish. In a word perfect. If I was on death row and granted a last meal, this is what I would be washing it down with. Orgasmic.

LordBurnden (3) - London, ENGLAND - AUG 15, 2005 does not count
OK I am biassed, I live in Chiswick, but this beer is just so scrummy you cannot resist it. As a Northern Englishman I had never tasted caramel style beers like this when I moved to London - I was blown away. The bottled & can versions are a ghost of the draught.

blackburn99 (7) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 22, 2005 does not count
A truly tremendous beer !!!! Probably the smoothest beer I have ever drunk. It’s light enough to want to drink it all night long. The best English beer i have ever had !! Cheers !!!!

e_nightmare (1) - Minsk, BELARUS - JUN 19, 2012 does not count
Nice beer with a soft taste and notes of caramel and it has a very beautiful colour.

MichaelAwesome (6546) - Wanne-Eickel, GERMANY - JUL 28, 2012
0,5 l bottle. Classic alle pours amber. Tastes superb when chilled a bit. Some caramel, bit roasty and smoky. Slightly bitter. One of the best beers I’ve ever had.

bagalagalaga (161) - Indiana, USA - JUL 18, 2013
This is basically the definition of beer to me. So great to drink, all the smells and tastes of hops/malt that you would want and NONE of them have been overdone to the point where you would get tired of it after one or two. Definitely worth it even though it’s usually 11-$12 a six pack around these parts.

AtronSeige (1628) - Johannesburg, SOUTH AFRICA - JUL 25, 2013
Aroma: toffee/caramel, grain, light earthy tones, light floral, Appearance: Medium-Light copper body. Thin, off-white head. Taste: Medium bitterness (longer lasting), medium sweetness. Very well balanced! Roast, caramel, medium dry finish. Palate: Medium-full bodied, soft medium carbonation, Overall: WOW! I can see why BJCP puts this as the first, prime example of an Premium/Special/Best Bitter category. It is perfectly balanced, tasty, great mouthfeel. If only I was able to buy this in South Africa! I am in LOVE! 500 ml bottle, poured.

oregontarheel (45) - - OCT 5, 2013
IBU 33. Love it. Tastes best in London in a frosty pint at Blackbird's pub with some fish and chips. Wish they sold it here ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

andylavery (7) - Massachusetts, USA - NOV 3, 2013 does not count
One of my favorite beers. I love the English Pale Ales and this one is without a doubt my favorite. Perhaps the perfect beer. If I was King I would knight this beer. Understated excellence in a glass.

Jarisleif (1) - - DEC 22, 2016 does not count
Fuller’s flagship is the perfect session beer, It’s malty, with a hint of bitterness.