Fuller's Vintage Ale 2001

overall
Formerly brewed at Fuller's
Style: English Strong Ale
Chiswick, England

RATINGS: 195   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.74/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
Bottle Conditioned.
Only 30,000 bottles were produced. Maris Otter malt and Goldings hops. The first year that all the ingredients were standard rather than champion.

fatherpierre (61) - Leeds, ENGLAND - APR 10, 2002
Fantastic. A great depth of flavour, with an aroma to match. One to savour and drink slowly.

BeerNazi (169) - winnetka, California, USA - MAR 22, 2002
great great beer, but at 8$ a bottle i dont know if its worth it............

Elteefor99 (10) - Houston, Texas, USA - MAR 11, 2002
Not bad. I was hoping for a little better based on the buzz about the 1999 vintage. It's a tad strong, and feels more like whiskey when you drink it, but all in all, a good pint.

unixweb (237) - Sherman, Texas, USA - MAR 6, 2002
Excellent brew! Aroma reminds me of whiskey or brandy, with a touch of fruitiness added. The color is perfect, crystal clear amber, with a whitish, not-too-thick head. The taste is like whiskey as well, or more like Southern Comfort with a little carbonated water and malt added. That's a compliment, too. The alcohol is intense, though, and I feel it all the way down. Sometimes it, along with the slightly bitter finish is a little TOO intense (take a sip then open your mouth and inhale...you will see), and and that is the only reason this one doesn't get an even higher rating. It's a little off-balance IMHO but otherwise a very good year!

BuzzBeer99 (80) - Oklahoma, USA - FEB 19, 2002
Wonderful fruity pear and apricot aroma. Bought 1 drank it then went back to the store and bought the rest of them. Drink your Bud and leave me the rest of the good stuff. Fullers can do nothing wrong. #22501

mikenodak (150) - Fargo, North Dakota, USA - JAN 19, 2002
I didn't even know Roger Maris had an otter. Despite that, this is an excellent beer, with plenty of malt and hops. It would taste better with a little aging, but who's complaining.

sharonandtony299 (3) - cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JAN 7, 2002 does not count
An amazing tasting brew. I don't know if I have ever tasted, smelled or looked at a finer brew.

Heat99 (56) - Austin, Texas, USA - NOV 26, 2001
Sweet, malty, full-bodied, smooth, wonderful... This is an awesome brew. The head is great, as is the amber color in my glass. The aroma was sweet and inviting. Excellent beer...one of only 30,000 made this year (I guess they cut production). Gotta get some more before its all gone. I even turned the bottle upside down and shook it to make sure I got the last drop!